Lordmandeep

Best Battle in a Movie?

To throw a bit of animation into the mix, the titular battle of Doldrey in Berserk Golden Age Arc II: The Battle for Doldrey. 

(Contains some NSFW elements)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoXognXhqXA

Couldn't find a clip covering the whole battle, so here's just one small (not fantastically edited together) part of it.

Edited by rukaio101

The final fight in The Raid is the best hand to hand combat scenario I've ever seen.  It lasts for about 15 minutes and it absolutely left me breathless.

Some of you are still confusing "fights" with "battles." They're not the same thing because a battle has a distinct military context between groups of at least noteworthy size.Stuff like the hand-to-hand duels in The Raid, The Bride vs. the Crazy 88, any lightsaber fight in Star Wars, etc, none of those are battles.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

Some of you are still confusing "fights" with "battles." They're not the same thing because a battle has a distinct military context between groups of at least noteworthy size.Stuff like the hand-to-hand duels in The Raid, The Bride vs. the Crazy 88, any lightsaber fight in Star Wars, etc, none of those are battles.

lol @ stating the obvious. ;)

Excuse me the Battle of Wits is a battle, it says so in the title.

It's used as an expression. Duel of Wits would be the technically accurate term but English loves its idioms and turns of phrases.

Lordmandeep didn't specify what a battle was, so I still believe it counts.

But fine, he is a battle

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

Lordmandeep didn't specify what a battle was, so I still believe it counts.

But fine, he is a battle

Nope. It's no more a battle than the dance fights in West Side Story.

Edited by 4815162342

Naaaa, there is nothing that says military has to be part of this.

You are all just real sticklers on what a battle is, aren't y'all?

Here, the first scene of Gladiator is one of mine.

Even though I still think the Anchorman battle counts as one, I mean Brick spears a guy with a trident, it's nothing like West Side Story's knife fight.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 4

Nope. It's no more a battle than the dance fights in West Side Story.

Hey, I'll have you know the Dance off of Agincourt is considered a very important battle in British history!

Much funkyfresh blood was spilt that day.

• Like 3