Olive

Best Animated Feature-2014

It is very tough for sequels to win, unless it is truly exceptional like Toy Story 3. Toy Story 3 is still the ONLY animated sequel to win the BAF Oscar after 13 years.

Not even the pop cultural phenomenon and blockbuster Shrek 2 could get the win! Dragon is showing early signs of being neither. :ph34r:

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

It's interesting how people are calling the competition for Lego (or HTTYD2) when there are at least five potential contenders that haven't even been released yet.

It's hard to imagine anyone overtaking Lego. It's got a huge head start.

• Like 2

Not a problem. WB can bombard the voters with LEGO screeners, so it gets a nomination like what happened with the far less deserving Croods. ;)

Of course it's gonna get a nomination unless we get four more brilliant films and this becomes the greatest year for animation. But I was talking about the chances of its win.Croods deserved a nom far more than DM2 BTW.
  • Like 1

Of course it's gonna get a nomination unless we get four more brilliant films and this becomes the greatest year for animation. But I was talking about the chances of its win.Croods deserved a nom far more than DM2 BTW.

if we get four more brilliant films I'd wager Lego would get dat 5th spot before dragon, but yeah, that's not gonna happen they're both locked to be nominated anyway. who cares?

• Like 1

It's hard to imagine anyone overtaking Lego. It's got a huge head start.

I fully expect Lego and Dragon to have nominations. I don't think either is necessarily a shoe in to win. We have to see how The Boxtrolls, Book of Life, and BH6 turn out for domestic films. And both When Marnie was There and Song of the Sea could make noise as well.Lego only has a head start in the sense that it came out first.
  • Like 2

I fully expect Lego and Dragon to have nominations. I don't think either is necessarily a shoe in to win. We have to see how The Boxtrolls, Book of Life, and BH6 turn out for domestic films. And both When Marnie was There and Song of the Sea could make noise as well. 

I suppose one of them could end up transcending expectations, but when a film gets the best reviews of any animated film in the last four years, you can't bet against it.

• Like 1

Wolf Children should've won that year. And it wasn't even nominated...

Out of the nominations we did get, however, I'd have preferred to have seen Paranorman win. 

• Like 5