Olive

Best Animated Feature-2014

Wolf Children should've won that year. And it wasn't even nominated...

Out of the nominations we did get, however, I'd have preferred to have seen Paranorman win. 

What's Wolf Children?

That's the reason it wasn't nominated.

What's Wolf Children?

That's the reason it wasn't nominated.

And even more proof that the Oscars are populist tripe.

(Christ, I just used the words 'populist tripe' in a sentence. I almost feel film-snobbish. I'd better go watch Pacific Rim and get that sorted out.) 

• Like 1

And even more proof that the Oscars are populist tripe.

(Christ, I just used the words 'populist tripe' in a sentence. I almost feel film-snobbish. I'd better go watch Pacific Rim and get that sorted out.) 

You have to balance it though if you only award indy films that nobody watched the award loses legitimacy

• Like 1

You have to balance it though if you only award indy films that nobody watched the award loses legitimacy

Why? If you're awarding based on film quality, then why does awarding indy films cause the award to lose legitimacy? If the indy is very very good and people who see it winning the award then watch it and agree, then surely that would only make the award more legitimate.

Also, Wolf Children was the 5th highest grossing film in Japan in 2012 so it's hardly 'indie'.

• Like 1

Rewatched Ralph yesterday. It's ten times more brilliant than I remembered it as being. The thought of Brave winning over it makes me cry now. :(

I like them both, but I think Brave is a slightly better movie. I am glad it won.  ^_^

• Like 2

Lol Ash I knew you would rank Dragon 2 number 1 :P .  I cant wait to see it. I also need to see

the Lego movie

I'm just wishing it to be no.1 feature. i never said that it will have a sure shot at best animated feature  ;) Now that i have seen Dragon 2 and Lego, they will be in close race among with others too!May the best one win :) that's what all i'm saying  :shades:

• Like 1

And one thing haven't you seen those 2 films..? oh god, you are missing two beautiful films Superman.GO, SEE IT!M

Mission accompolished Ash buddy!!! : ) My god Dragon is way better than  Frozen. .The best animated film perhaps since the incredibles and Nemo...Makes Toy Storie movies look like nothing.. And whats more Dragon looks and feels epic, they dont need a singing gig to help power their film to great numbers. Its sheer quality animation with storytelling and there are dark outcomes for our beloved characters....Cant wait for 3 and hopefully 4 now Ash and my dragon family.

I saw it twice and both showings had tons of claps... Now i need to see the 3D Imax version :)

• Like 2

Top films of 2014 must be updated.

Now its  Number 1....Cap 2.

2. How  to To Train a Dragon 2... This one is close,  I mean tears run down both kids, and adults eyes...Dragon 2 is that good indeed. Listen to Ash I  was really impressed :). nice lil  date as well

3. Xmen 2014.

4. Godzilla :)

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

I'm just wishing it to be no.1 feature. i never said that it will have a sure shot at best animated feature  ;) Now that i have seen Dragon 2 and Lego, they will be in close race among with others too!May the best one win :) that's what all i'm saying  :shades:

Ash  I agree neither frozen or any animated film in a long  time has the quality from start to end as Dragon does.. I was shocked on how much better it is than the first.. Wow...

9.8 out of 10. Only a few animated films  I cant think of are as good or better... Incredible achievement Dreamworks. I hope you guys get in a bundle :)..Ash you picked a real winner my friend. :)

• Like 3

My predictions:

Noms

HTTYD2

Lego

Something from abroad (Song of the Sea?)

(Boxtrolls)

(Book of Life/BH6)

The first two are locked, the third because GK has a high success rate with those little international films that end up winning the Academy's hearts, and Song of the Sea is from the same studio that made Secret of Krells, so they shouldn't be dismissed so easily. The last two spots are indeterminated because I don't know if there are enough animation films this year to make it to five noms. Boxtrolls becuase Laika makes good animation movies, Laika makes great stopmotion, Laika's two films so far have been nommed (but in five noms years, mind you) so why not. The last spot is up for grabs, Book of Life looks SO lovely, but I have seen so little from it so far, and the animation style might be divisive. Big Hero 6 is Disney, ok, but it's also a CBM, and that may go against it in the end.

Winner

Who knows to be honest, I wish with all my heart for Dragon 2 to be the winner (I disliked The Lego Movie more than anyone else, maybe because I was never into Legos in my childhood), but there are too many movies to be seen, and both movies might fall from grace until voting time. Pendant until nominations announcement.

ETA: I don't know if the score from HTYD2 is eligible for the oscar (there are many recurrent themes from the first movie) but if it is it will be nominated as well, and I don't see any other animated film having a second nomination. So that.

Edited by redgarlic68
  • Like 1

My predictions:

Noms

HTTYD2

Lego

Something from abroad (Song of the Sea?)

(Boxtrolls)

(Book of Life/BH6)

The first two are locked, the third because GK has a high success rate with those little international films that end up winning the Academy's hearts, and Song of the Sea is from the same studio that made Secret of Krells, so they shouldn't be dismissed so easily. The last two spots are indeterminated because I don't know if there are enough animation films this year to make it to five noms. Boxtrolls becuase Laika makes good animation movies, Laika makes great stopmotion, Laika's two films so far have been nommed (but in five noms years, mind you) so why not. The last spot is up for grabs, Book of Life looks SO lovely, but I have seen so little from it so far, and the animation style might be divisive. Big Hero 6 is Disney, ok, but it's also a CBM, and that may go against it in the end.

Winner

Who knows to be honest, I wish with all my heart for Dragon 2 to be the winner (I disliked The Lego Movie more than anyone else, maybe because I was never into Legos in my childhood), but there are too many movies to be seen, and both movies might fall from grace until voting time. Pendant until nominations announcement.

ETA: I don't know if the score from HTYD2 is eligible for the oscar (there are many recurrent themes from the first movie) but if it is it will be nominated as well, and I don't see any other animated film having a second nomination. So that.

Dragon 2 rocks.. I cant see it losing the best animated film category..

Only thing I see with a chance is Paddleton. :) That could be a great film in the works.. I rem the cool toon

show.

• Like 1