Olive

Best Animated Feature-2014

Big Hero 6

Book of Life

The Boxtrolls

How to Train Your Dragon 2

Lego Movie

Basically this, with The Story of Princess Kaguya or some other foreign film possibly taking the place of Book of Life.

Disney and Laika are both on a roll (I really hope Laika gets to win soon, they deserve it), Dragon 2 doesn't even need to be as good as the first one to be worthy of a nom, and TLM looks perfectly safe at this point. 

I don't see how anything coming out this year will beat The Lego Movie in terms of quality and boxoffice.  I haven't seen Wind Rises yet.  That's the only challenger for which will be the best in 2014.   In my opinion.

The Wind Rises doesn't count though if we're talking about awards since it was released last year (limited).

They're the studio that did Free Birds, so I wouldn't expect a whole lot of visual beauty. The story will probably be what propels it.

I have a feeling that this will be a major step up from Free Birds. I think 20th Century Fox Animation is working on it too. I know doesn't say much, but at least it's not just Reel FX.  :P

• Like 1

^This...in case Book of Life is as good as it seems.

One or two of those will be snubbed in favor of a foreign movie or two. And it's amazing how we can create a list of five nominees that doesn't even include something as strong as Mr. Peabody and Sherman. The competition this year sure is more cutthroat than last year's, when it was Goodbye Everyone Not Named Frozen as soon as Ghibli announced he may not be retiring after all.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

My predictions1) home- mark my words, this will be dreamworks big comeback2) the nut job- too many people will vote for this as a joke which means it will surprisingly get nominated3) rio 2- as they snubbed the first one, this one will get in4) legends of oz- Dorothy's return- clarius entertainment are a new studio so they will put out good quality films to start with5) planes: fire and rescue- first one got snubbed and this has a prime summer spot and will earn good box office meaning it will be remembered and get the last spot