Fullbuster

The 100:CW and Netflix Internationally. Season 5 on now. Highly Recommended.

I liked the show but its like Battlestar Galatica where nothing good can happen to the people and people make really bad choices always. 

Well, if things weren't happening that way that could be boring don't you think ^^

And apzrt from the first episodes I think their choices were quite sound.

who says jaha is dead ? look to me like they knock him out , all that effort to get to earth only to die for a horse nahhhh

the chancellor has to reach camp to bring order and stop his 2 kids from squabbling about who is the better leader!

Well, at the beginning I really thought they killed him, thankfully it's not the case, he just can't die like that that would be even worse than the death of his son o_o

• Like 1

Opinions about it are amazing, on IGN for example, comments about the last episode :

This show really turned out to be a thousand times better than I ever thought it would be.

Like. So much better. The CW in general is way superior in quality than it used to be really. I went into this thinking it'd be a lame teen drama that might be interesting. It's way more than that.

Best show on this network. And I love Arrow, and think The Flash is pretty great, but the scope of this show is massive. It's very ambitious, and all the main characters are very strongly written, with surprisingly great actors playing them. I used to hit my DVR up for Arrow as soon as I could, now this takes priority. I hope it's around for quite some time.

This show is surprisingly amazing. The first episode starts off with a typical CW teen vibe so you're like ehh.. But it ends on a high enough note you'll want to see the next episode. Then it gets better, and better. Each episode feels like it tops the last.

This show has gotten so much better, but it's so hard to convince people that the first couple episodes is NOT representative of the series as a whole.

I'm totally getting into this show after binge-watching Season 1 last weekend. It kinda feels like 'Lost' but much better!! As long as they keep up the great character development and clever writing than I'll definitely keep watching :) BTW Lincoln & Bellamy are HOT... that's always a bonus...

People really need to start watching this show more because its an amazing show. Its crazy that CW is transforming into a sci fi station slowly with the shows they have out now and coming in the future. I am glad that we are seeing Murphy slowly turning into a better character, morally speaking.

You can see them here :

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/13/the-100-many-happy-returns-review

B) B) B)

Your dedication to flogging this show is admirable.  Think I'll add this to my queue to check out.

Ahaha thanks, and welcome here :D

To be honest I really like the story so I really want a season 3, that would be terrible for it to stop there given it needs several seasons to be complete.

However I need to prevent you : the first episodes are not that hreat, the teens can be unbearable but after that they start to become mature and the show is improving quite steadily with a great finale and an amazing season 2 so be a bit patient ;)

BEFORE THE EPISODE WHICH WILL AIR TONIGHT IN THE US

Monday Morning Critic: 'The 100' and What The CW is Doing Right

http://screencrush.com/monday-morning-critic-the-100/

But when watching a show like ‘The 100,’ as I did all weekend (and I almost mean “all weekend” literally, as I binged all 15 episodes over the course of a day and a half), I’m reminded of the fact that my favorite shows know the difference between a complex decision and a complex plot. As critic Maureen Ryan once said, “Complication is not complexity.” What she meant by that is simply throwing the kitchen sink at a protagonist is not how great drama is built. Rather, great drama is built from presenting two characters with clearly understood agendas against one another and see what they do about it. This is Drama 101, but only a few shows like ‘The 100’ seem to get that right now.

On the surface, ‘The 100’ looks like a teeny-bopper ‘Battlestar: Galactica,’ and it’s amazingly good-looking cast suggests a surface-level approach to the apocalypse. It’s the kind of stereotype that kept me initially away from the show, and no doubt keeps millions of audience members away from The CW in general. That’s a horribly unfair attitude, one that I’ve had to slowly correct in myself for years. While not stacked top to bottom with shows I enjoy, the network nonetheless airs four of the eight hour-long shows I will henceforth watch regularly: ‘Jane The Virgin,’ ‘The Flash,’ ‘Arrow,’ and ‘The 100.’ All four at this point adhere to the easy-to-understand-yet-almost-impossible-to-achieve attitude that keeping things simple is often the best way to get things incredibly messy.

In any given episode of ‘The 100,’ the tasks before each character are clear. There are objectives laid out, cross-purposes established, and gnarly moral dilemmas to face. Yes, an apocalyptic drama lends itself to some easy-to-generate stakes such as “How we will find food tonight?” and “Who should live or die in a spaceship that can’t sustain the current population?” But what makes ‘The 100’ so good is the way it makes these choices specific to its characters. This isn’t philosophy posing as sci-fi television. This is a surprisingly no-holds-barred show in which characters die with alarming frequency and people actually change based on the accumulations of their actions. In other words, it’s a show that takes into account the costs of the choices it presents and makes this choice stick.

When we talk about the truly complex shows on television, we need to stop thinking less about shows that require a wiki to actually figure out what the hell is happening and think more about shows that push their characters into impossible corners. No one in ‘The 100’ gets off easy here, from our nominal hero Clarke Griffin (Eliza Taylor) to the initially moustache-twirling councilman Marcus Kane (Henry Ian Cusick). There’s a constant disconnect in information between those orbiting earth and those sent to discover if it’s inhabitable a century after nuclear war. The audience sees the actions of both sides, which means the audience gets to watch wrongheaded move after wrongheaded move derail any attempts to unite the two sides. And yet, those moves are not wrongheaded within the context of each side’s operational information. Seeing a character like Kane finally get a piece of the larger picture, or seeing formally moral Clarke agree to have a character tortured in order to save the life of someone, spins both off their axes, and allows ‘The 100’ to follow both along their new paths.

That’s what makes shows complex in a compelling, sustainable manner. A show building up to a singular reveal of a long-gestating mystery is ultimately reductive. A show that constantly forces its characters to make decisions in which there is no right answer is expansive. We learn about these people through their decisions, and through that messy accumulation of decisions we see them for the complex, three-dimensional people they are. This isn’t about the show’s initial antagonist Bellamy turning into an antihero. This is about the show revealing that every one of the characters on this show can make horrible choices with the best of intentions. They can also make noble choices that surprise even themselves.

There’s nothing to say that these four shows on The CW will continue on the paths they all currently inhabit. But it’s important to note that all four of these shows have the type of budget limitations that would be used as an excuse on other networks for poor quality. Rather than use it as an excuse, these four shows have decided what truly matters for their programs and leaned into telling lean, character-based stories that still maintain the spirit of the telenovela/sci-fi/superhero genres from which they sprang. Since they have almost no choice but to focus on character, these four shows have demonstrated a keen knack for crafting episodes that build off one another rather than towards a predetermined endpoint. Each installment builds off the last, yielding a richer tapestry upon which to tell the latest tell. It’s a technique as old as time. And yet, the youngest major network seems to be the only one that currently remembers how it’s done.

Edited by Fullbuster

Congrats Fullbuster! You convinced me to watch this show. Yesterday alone, I watched the first 12 episodes. It was that good. Now, I am all caught up and looking forward to seeing tonight's episode. Definitely one of the best shows out there. So many surprises. Now that I am caught up, I am worried though that every episode is going to end on a cliffhanger with lots of tension.

• Like 1

Congrats Fullbuster! You convinced me to watch this show. Yesterday alone, I watched the first 12 episodes. It was that good. Now, I am all caught up and looking forward to seeing tonight's episode. Definitely one of the best shows out there. So many surprises. Now that I am caught up, I am worried though that every episode is going to end on a cliffhanger with lots of tension.

I'm glad these efforts were not in vain :D Try to talk to your friends about it, it needs to be as successful as possible if you want to have a third season :)

I'm amazed you watched 12 of them during the same day, I would never be able to do that, 3 is the most I can do before sleeping...

That's great to see you're on board now, I will see the new episode in several hours and I really can wait, it's huge apparently :)