Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

@IronJimbo, right now I'll say something like 600-650 domestic and around 1.4-1.5 billion OS. A little over 2 billion WW.

I'm optimistic about quality but it's hard to make any sort of sensible prediction without seeing anything at all. And I don't think the current foreign markets are that favorable, but who knows how that can change in a little under 22 months?

Ask me again this Christmas. :lol: 

• Like 2

I'm thinking just under Ultron numbers domestically and a little over them overseas. 1.45B WW overall or something. I'll probably reconsider if exchange rates drag themselves out of the gutter but until then, this is my prediction.

Edited by AABATTERY

29 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Really!? damn Tele. 

Im going Under TDKR 

It would have to really be at SUCK DONKEY BALLS level to make less than that. Dont see it happen unless Cameron is spending all these fucking years just fooling around.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

It would have to really be at SUCK DONKEY BALLS level to make less than that. Dont see it happen unless Cameron is spending all these fucking years just fooling around.

This is a guy who went down to the Challenger Deep just because he felt like it. Yeah I'd say it's possible he's fucking around.

11 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

You guys are young, you've never witnessed the full fire-power of a fully armed and operational Cameron Sequel.

You cannot deny the circumstances regarding the releases of

Aliens

T2

are VERY different.

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

This is a guy who went down to the Challenger Deep just because he felt like it. Yeah I'd say it's possible he's fucking around.

Cameron certainly does what he wants when he's away from filmmaking. But he's always been really dedicated and focused when he's actually bothering to make movies. We don't know anything about A2's quality, but whatever issues it has, they won't be from Cameron slacking off or fucking around. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:
17 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Well if "going to the deepest place of the sea" is "fooling around", that must be the coolest "fooling around" ever and so we can't blame him for that.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

Just now, Telemachos said:

Cameron certainly does what he wants when he's away from filmmaking. But he's always been really dedicated and focused when he's actually bothering to make movies. We don't know anything about A2's quality, but whatever issues it has, they won't be from Cameron slacking off or fucking around. 

I guess my point is he really thinks he can do it again taking a long break and that people will care when he comes back. I'm not so sure it will happen again, he's worked hard but also been very fortunate in his career.

• Like 1