Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

Okay, and for me the benchmark is - I hope it's a good movie.  You can have all the "billies" in the world, but if it isn't good, that means shit to me.

Rejoice Deep Wang!! All evidence points to an incredible film.

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I forgot we even had a bet. :rofl: I'm fine with either keeping it or voiding it, whatever you prefer.

I have no idea what it'll do WW. I don't think it increases. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up not too far from the original.

Think it was something like $50 worth of the BOT gold, if you're completed cool with it I'm game. I'm too nice sometimes and I was going to let you void it because it seemed too easy!

I remember you saying it's win win for you anyway as your a fan of Jim and the first film.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Think it was something like $50 worth of the BOT gold, if you're completed cool with it I'm game. I'm top nice sometimes but I was going to let you void it because it seemed too easy!

I remember you saying it's win win for you anyway as your a fan of Jim and the first film.

Why not bump it to $4b instead then? :redcapes:

8 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

It's the nature of the thing, expect them to come even more over to your side the closer we get to release. 

I hope you kept that notepad you said you were making updated Jimbo. 

Sorry my Avatar tracker has been inactive for a while...

Been tracking Alita detracters though!

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Rejoice Deep Wang!! All evidence points to an incredible film.

I'm sure it's in your notebook that I saw Avatar like 5 times in IMAX.  I even went to see the re-release special edition when that came out.  I really like it!  But in terms of where it ranks in the Cameron filmography, it is easily at the bottom.  Which is only because he has directed all-timers, movies that defined me growing up and influenced my taste for years to come.  

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I'm sure it's in your notebook that I saw Avatar like 5 times in IMAX.  I even went to see the re-release special edition when that came out.  I really like it!  But in terms of where it ranks in the Cameron filmography, it is easily at the bottom.  Which is only because he has directed all-timers, movies that defined me growing up and influenced my taste for years to come.  

Deep respect Deep Wang.

Why didn't you say so earlier!

If you're having doubts about A2 being worse than Avatar let your doubts out in here and we can see if your doubts are well grounded or not.

9 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Your knowledge of Jim could do with  work though, even @Telemachoswho doesn't approve of Jim worship to deity levels will agree Jim's a genius.

Edited by IronJimbo

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Deep respect Deep Wang.

Why didn't you say so earlier!

If you're having doubts about A2 being worse than Avatar let your doubts out in here and we can see if your doubts are well grounded or not.

lol, I have always been open about my love of Cameron.  But, imagine if you would, the voice of a few other fans drowning it out.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

lol, I have always been open about my love of Cameron.  But, imagine if you would, the voice of a few other fans drowning it out.

Don't blame your own actions on others! My view of you is based on what you say in the threads I frequent, where you take the contratarian view assumingly because you don't like my loud mouthing.

Edited by IronJimbo

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Your knowledge of Jim could do work, even @Telemachoswho doesn't approve of Jim worship to deity levels will agree Jim's a genius.

I do believe he is a highly intelligent person, I never once argued against that.  Only that saying he is smarter than the majority of real scientists out there is ludicrous.

I know far more than the average person does about Cameron, but along the way I also chose to learn about lots of different directors and not just limit myself to one.  

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

I do believe he is a highly intelligent person, I never once argued against that.  Only that saying he is smarter than the majority of real scientists out there is ludicrous.

I know far more than the average person does about Cameron, but along the way I also chose to learn about lots of different directors and not just limit myself to one.  

Jim's incredible, it will be interesting to read up on his endavours!

It's absolutely not ludicrus to think Jim is smarter than the majority of real scientists. Firstly your use of real makes me think you're trying to raise the bar of the majority of scientists, when the definition of scientist is already defined. Secondly don't underestimate Jim. At the gym thinking of Jim so i'll let JCS give a quick rundown of Jim's genius if you please@JamesCameronScholar

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

🤔  You are not a fan of Titanic are you?

I mean, I am. Watched it several times in theaters, cheered it on during that historic run........... but I think it's got maybe the weakest characters in Cameron's filmography (especially supporting characters). I dunno, I'd have to see it again, it's been a little while. In terms of your more general point, I'm in agreement: all of his films are pretty dang good.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I mean, I am. Watched it several times in theaters, cheered it on during that historic run........... but I think it's got maybe the weakest characters in Cameron's filmography (especially supporting characters). I dunno, I'd have to see it again, it's been a little while. In terms of your more general point, I'm in agreement: all of his films are pretty dang good.

I mean, gun to my head this is how I might rank his films:

1. Terminator

2. Aliens

3. Terminator 2

4. Titanic

5. Abyss

6. True Lies

7. Avatar

I think I give Titanic the edge on the rest but now that I'm thinking about it I dunno 😂 I can easily put Abyss SE above it.  I just need to see it again on Blu to decide...