Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

14 hours ago, Crainy said:

I shit you not, the third (or was it fourth?) time I saw Avatar in the cinema, there was a guy bragging in the front seats saying he could see that the dragon-creatures in the movie where just bats in a costume. Come on people, how disconnected can you be from media.

:hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great news for Avatar 2.

https://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=467162

Fox is mandating that all screens showing ALITA in 3D must meet a minimum 4.5fl standard, will not license 3D showtimes to those that can't
Thats a brightness level measurement, they are making REAL D send field auditors to check. This is likely a James Cameron requirement to sniff out bad 3D presentations ahead of AVATAR 2.

They're laying the groundwork to stop people having crappy viewings of Avatar 2. Cinemas that cheap-out on the bulblife will get fucked and won't get to play Avatar 2 : )

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Great news for Avatar 2.

https://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=467162

Fox is mandating that all screens showing ALITA in 3D must meet a minimum 4.5fl standard, will not license 3D showtimes to those that can't
Thats a brightness level measurement, they are making REAL D send field auditors to check. This is likely a James Cameron requirement to sniff out bad 3D presentations ahead of AVATAR 2.

They're laying the groundwork to stop people having crappy viewings of Avatar 2. Cinemas that cheap-out on the bulblife will get fucked and won't get to play Avatar 2 : )

This is laying the groundwork for the 2nd coming of 3D movies. If only they enforced this globally 😪

• Like 1

Just now, TimmyRiggins said:

THANK GOD. Been watching too much shitty dim 3D. Laser IMAX 3D remains the best 3D I've seen so far although I tend to forget it's there after a while (which I think is a negative compared to a positive)

Yeah my local cinema is terrible for this. I watched Infinity War in 3D there and it was so damn dark.

Once again this shows Jim is one of the few who actually use 3D to enhance the viewing experience, whereas of films are using it for the quick buck. I suppose part of Avatar's appeal is the visuals though and if people are watching it on dark screens they may not rave as much about it.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 9:07 AM, langer said:

I still don't believe this is coming out at this moment.  Will need a teaser to make me believe this is coming out in the next 5 years...

I think we'll have a teaser to play in front of the holiday movies at the end of this year.  80% likely I'd say.

19 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Read it and it felt pretty meh to me until the last few pages where they're essentially recreating the moment when Jake and Neytiri are going to the Hometree and Jake is subdued by Tsu'Tey but from Tsu'Tey's perspective. That's a cool hook. 

Felt the same way, it is only the first after all, had to start slow to drag us back in. 

• Like 2

Don't know if anybody pointed this out, but Mojo has a new image for A2's poster...

MV5BODQxYjgyNjItN2E0YS00NTc4LTgxODEtZDM1

Haven't seen it before

EDIT: Nevermind it's a fanmade fake, Mojo pulling old tricks again of being unreliable. Here's the original https://www.deviantart.com/jphomeentertainment/art/AVATAR-2-Teaser-Poster-279964133

Edited by feasby007

On 1/25/2019 at 9:24 PM, feasby007 said:

Don't know if anybody pointed this out, but Mojo has a new image for A2's poster...

MV5BODQxYjgyNjItN2E0YS00NTc4LTgxODEtZDM1

Haven't seen it before

EDIT: Nevermind it's a fanmade fake, Mojo pulling old tricks again of being unreliable. Here's the original https://www.deviantart.com/jphomeentertainment/art/AVATAR-2-Teaser-Poster-279964133

No way it won't be an A or T either, I think they'll all be Avatar: Subtitle. 

• Like 1