Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Who the fuck is stupid enough to think it can do near 5b worldwide?DOM: 650mOS: 2.35bIncrease in developing markets, and a decrease in developed ones.

^^ Its this fine intellect why Noctis gets banned along with the horrible attitude and respect he shows for our wonderful forum family :-/

4B could be 1B off, better that 99% of Avatar predicts. So 1B off  for Avatar 2 is a good prediction.

Shoot neo, considering how thousands of cases of folks contemplating sucide over their love for this movie.. 3b-4billion could be lowballing it lol.

I definitely feel 3.5-5billion is the highend ranges Juggernaut 2015-2016 could land.. Imagine though if surpasses even the 5Billion max highend some folks  are predicting.. Holy crap!

some say 4 billion prediction which must be a greater comedy than watching just for laughs gags

Well those some obviously havent been seeing the size of markets.. Avatar 2 could do double the 200M it did in markets as well as double what it did with the 100Mil firsts it made in far far smaller markets than now..If it does that OS with a 750-1B finish in

Domestically... 4 billion+ can be reached.. Heck thanks to OS market so big now it could do 3-4B OS  alone. 5Billion is not out of the question either! :)

Ok here is why this will automatically be maasively successful no questions asked, the overseas market. Even if the demand for Avatar has burned off in the states, the $2b it pulled overseas in the PRE 2010s before the % started skewing more toward international grosses is a sign that it would take a massive collapse to not bring in healthy profits. Three movies are cheaper to make together and should be a way to squeeze every dollar out of this franchise before it finally fatigues everyone in 2018.Where will 3D and the core fan base be in three years is th main ? here also will any high profile actors join th trilogy?

So are people predicting $1B DOM for Avatar 2 yet? If not, I'm sure its a matter of time.

MID-15M

OD-60M

OW - 155M

From here a 6.4X, not crazy to predict. Would imagine to see a few 1B predicts come closer to release.

• Like 1

Ok here is why this will automatically be maasively successful no questions asked, the overseas market. Even if the demand for Avatar has burned off in the states, the $2b it pulled overseas in the PRE 2010s before the % started skewing more toward international grosses is a sign that it would take a massive collapse to not bring in healthy profits. Three movies are cheaper to make together and should be a way to squeeze every dollar out of this franchise before it finally fatigues everyone in 2018.Where will 3D and the core fan base be in three years is th main ? here also will any high profile actors join th trilogy?

Avatar needs no high profile actors.. The film makes great actors into sought after Hollywood stars.. Sigourney Weaver is  set to return though. Shes pretty high profile. :)

PS this such a joy starting the big conversations as we once again prepare for another behemoth from the world James Cameron...  I can see myself screaming when Avatar Day II is announced and seeing some long lines to get into the limited seatings..lol Get your Avatar  2 Day tickets early my lads :)

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

Avatar needs no high profile actors.. The film makes great actors into sought after Hollywood stars.. Sigourney Weaver is  set to return though. Shes pretty high profile. :)

You act like its something more than one movie but that's exactly what it is right now. The biggest one hit wonder in BO history. Things have to be different for A2 or we are seeing a major decline in reception and gross

Anyone saying $1b domestic you are out of your minds sorry...

After the majority said no to 1B and how many 2B predicts were there? I remember one which DOM had it at 700M+ Best predict. Others can go say 500M/1.5B, but I will stick with 700M-1B and 3B-3.5B.

You act like its something more than one movie but that's exactly what it is right now. The biggest one hit wonder in BO history. Things have to be different for A2 or we are seeing a major decline in reception and gross

One hit wonder? Doesn't there have to be other movies, to determine if it was a one hit wonder. As of now its a wonder (Seventh).

• Like 2

MID-15M

OD-60M

OW - 155M

From here a 6.4X, not crazy to predict. Would imagine to see a few 1B predicts come closer to release.

MID-15M

OD-60M

OW - 155M

Neo I agree with the masses if Avatar 2 is as big as our Pandorians think it will be.. Avatar can go to 1.1B+ with a typical huge Cameron epic multiplier. :)

After the majority said no to 1B and how many 2B predicts were there? I remember one which DOM had it at 700M+ Best predict. Others can go say 500M/1.5B, but I will stick with 700M-1B and 3B-3.5B.

Amen Neo My Predict is 850M(with potential of going to 950-1.1B domestically) and 3.7B Worldwide(But like you I can see 4billion+ being reached) :)