Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

6 minutes ago, DC Rich said:

The same top\smart predictors that told him opening weekend would be 200m+? 

Hey you have people here telling me and Stuart Avatar2 would be under DS2 . Go figure.

Or Black Adam would beat it. Considering established sources like HR stated 175-200m potential domestic OW, it's obvious whose statements  were smarter.

Bottomline Alot of Avatar fan predicts are going to be closer than the 750m-1.2 b ww comic fan/ anti avatar delusional predicts posted in here. Lol

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

2 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Hey you have people here telling me and Stuart Avatar2 would be under DS2 . Go figure.

Or Black Adam would beat it. Considering established sources like HR stated 175-200m it's obvious whose statements  were smarter.

KAL what did you think of the movie?

5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I got you captain. What's your highend for OW2 versus the lowend?

I think a 40% drop ($80m) would be great given the way the weekend falls.

A RO drop would be the worst case scenario. I can't see it falling that much. Already A2 has proven itself to be less frontloaded from previews to weekend.

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

Guys please dont pick on individual users. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. And wasnt Kal the only one that had the orig AVATAR going over 600 and 700 all those years back on Mojo?.

This thread has always been a place of positivity until the last week or so.

to be fair noctis has always been like this in this thread, nothing changed there 😂

4 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

I think a 40% drop ($80m) would be great given the way the weekend falls.

A RO drop would be the worst case scenario. I can't see it falling that much. Already A2 has proven itself to be less frontloaded from previews to weekend.

If Sherlock Holmes 2 can do a 49% drop on Christmas weekend (i'm sure it was SH2 that did 49%), then i'm certain A2 can do a 40% drop.

I still feel New Years weekend will be near flat too.

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

KAL what did you think of the movie?

Loved it my brother. 

The visuals, story, the sully family dynamics. The water and animals and the unexpected hero in the last beats. Heh

Gave this magnificent 2d voyage  to Pandora 

4.8/5 brother Jimbo.

Heading to 4dx or Imax laser 3D viewing  next

Wife I think hated some stuff of bringing  you know who back k and the dark part of the story.

I think she loved the kids didn't like the dark route Cameron took

She gave it a 3.2/5. Still that's not bad. She loves avatar 1 though bigtime.over part 2.

Hopefully if I can get my queen to see the better version she'll  up her rating. 😉

I can't see.this not getting 5.7-6x multi.

What do you think for it's domestic 

Our crowd Reactions were great!. Clapping and folks teary eyed and mutterings of we need to see this in 3d. Kids also looking happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Guys please dont pick on individual users. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. And wasnt Kal the only one that had the orig AVATAR going over 600 and 700 all those years back on Mojo?.

This thread has always been a place of positivity until the last week or so.

Ty putting noctis on ignore. He hasn't grown so its all good. We all learned from our days on Bom. Some never mature my friend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Loved it my brother. 

The visuals, story, the sully family dynamics. The water and animals and the unexpected hero in the last beats. Heh

4.8/5 brother Jimbo.

Wife I think hated some stuff of bringing  you know who back k and the dark part of the story.

She gave it a 3.2/5. Still that's not bad. She loves avatar 1 though bigtime.over part 2.

Hopefully if I can get my queen to see the better version she'll  up her rating. 😉

Our crowd Reactions were great!. Clapping and folks teary eyed and mutterings of we need to see this in 3d. Kids also looking happy.

Its such a genuinely great movie, and i enjoyed it considerably more on the second viewing.

I missed so much on my first viewing, i think i was too busy just looking at all the details in the different scenes and stuff.

It was the second viewing that convinced me casual movie fans WILL pay to see this multiple times.

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Loved it my brother. 

4.8/5 brother Jimbo.

This film is extremely rewatchable, I've seen it 3 times and plan on more. For me Avatar 2 has many more cool scenes and moments than the first, but the first film was a perfect edit and the simplicity of the plot of the first allowed it to flow to pure perfection. I think they're quite different films honestly. They both have advantages over one and over, I feel like the second has leaned into the nerd audience more. I suppose with superhero movies so prevalent it might work out in the long run.

I'm struggling to think of a cinema experience I enjoyed more than Avatar 2. Maybe the Lord of the Rings films, but I was a kid back then and less jaded and would feel things more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Its such a genuinely great movie, and i enjoyed it considerably more on the second viewing.

I missed so much on my first viewing, i think i was too busy just looking at all the details in the different scenes and stuff.

It was the second viewing that convinced me casual movie fans WILL pay to see this multiple times.

I can see that.. I'm going to really pay attention to the details as well Brother Stuart and Brother Jimbo.

Did you guys notice all  new weather and underwater  surround 3d effect technology in this??

Saw some one going on in comments on Avatar 2 that us 2d viewers  need to see this  new rain and under water surround 3deffects. That it absolutely floored them on YouTube. I notice no one mentioned that in here yet to my knowledge.

I'm like what?!😱😱 I really have  to see the 4dx version now all.

Look like me and the wife missed more breakthroughs than I thought with the still awesome standard ver.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

9 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

I really wish my local theater had at least one 2D IMAX or Dolby showing a day… I wanna rewatch it but 3D hurts my eyes and gives me a headache

Damn man. I wonder if there's any format that can work for you brother Inceptionzq. That maybe one of the flaws of 3D and HR. The fact that even after 13 yrs we still need glasses and that plus all the lights and stuff going on can cause weird reactions to folks bodies.

Hopefully someone will figure how to pull off surround 3d effect without side effects in the near future. Maybe without glasses. Japan is working on 3d tech without glasses btw and likely quite a few other visual tech companies.

• Like 1