Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

This era? The last SW was in 2005 and adjusted would clean up the new Hobbit movies. If this era is 2010 and beyond then yes seeing we haven't had a new SW movie yet. Come 2015 VII could do 300M+ WW more then the highest grossing Hobbit movie.

SW7 seems to be the only film that coul bring the gap within 800M(er potentially--Did I say that!!??? LMAO) :ph34r:

Still highly unlikely...I see James Cameron's masterdon beating all the fellow behemoths by at least 1.5-2billion+(Perhaps much much more) :mellow:

And if James can just tap into the same energy he had when he did Avatar I, Titan, Terminator 2  Judgement Day....This sequels mighty wrecking of the pretenders to the thrown will be long remembered.

I do agree with BKB and fellow Marvel for domination fans, theres a chance for the domestic gross to be a battle.. 

I must go with Avatar, because when you sell that much Home videos and people are killing themselves because they cant relive the freaking Pandorian extreme experience, and James promises hes just tested the waters with that they can do with Juggernaut 2009.. Yikes on what we could possibly see with the technology not only well seasoned in James and his peers hands, but improved upon Kayum..

OH MY!!

• Like 2

Okay, if we are talking about worldwide, there is no way AVATAR ll will lose. I'm also pretty sure Cameron will make sure this doesn't lose the domestic crown. lol

Damn Kayum,Your running neck and neck with our buddies Impact and Baum for supreme debater in the forums. 30,000 posts coming up for you bud... :D Woohooo Congrats  my friend!!! :)

I know I'm not even sure Avengers will reach 1 billionOS(I predicted 1.05B OS-a nice improvement for Avengers2-but Avatar worthy---A2 will break it in two)...Ive never seen its equal and this is just incredible atop level JamesCameron project can be.

Can you imagine we are talking about a film thats a lock to get into 2.4-2.7B ranges ww on the norm and could go on to 3B and perhaps beyond 4B WW.. This is just insane Kayum.  I mean when is a sequel a lock to make more than Titanic WW LOL

Damn Kayum,Your running neck and neck with our buddies Impact and Baum for supreme debater in the forums. 30,000 posts coming up for you bud... :D Woohooo Congrats  my friend!!! :)

I know I'm not even sure Avengers will reach 1 billionOS(I predicted 1.05B OS-a nice improvement for Avengers2-but Avatar worthy---A2 will break it in two)...Ive never seen its equal and this is just incredible atop level JamesCameron project can be.

Can you imagine we are talking about a film thats a lock to get into 2.4-2.7B ranges ww on the norm and could go on to 3B and perhaps beyond 4B WW.. This is just insane Kayum.  I mean when is a sequel a lock to make more than Titanic WW LOL

Even if TA ll crosses 1 B overseas that will pale in comparison to what AVATAR ll will make.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 2

Is it odd when you see the numbers for a films budget and you can say you're guaranteed to make 10 times that number worldwide? I mean Jesus that's like printing money, easy, easy profits. Fox has to be ecstatic they own this franchise.

Mattrek can you imagine how happy and also how worked accountants for Lightstorm(James) and Fox will be by movie 2 and 3 alone..

2 films that could earn 6-7+Billion, then go on to make another 5 +billion or more in a aftermarket revenue.

Holy crap!

Even if TA ll crosses 1 B overseas that will pale in comparison to what AVATAR ll will make.

Preach the gospel Kayum.You, me, Dash, KK, Matt and whole lot of people are all going to be owed I told you sos....

In the end always bet on James Cameron epics to always break new ground in what monster films are truly capable of.. Even if they are coming off a 2.8B monster lol

• Like 1

If you check BO Jessie. The hobbit and LOTR films were more in demand than any hype of SWS in this era. So its also quite possible if Abrahams doesnt do a stand up job, that SWS could dissappoint...So that isnt too low at all.T Even ROTS didnt do the numbers expected...And that had unbelievable hype.

Just a nuance: in the same years that Star Wars was making between 650 and 850 (Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith), LOTR was making between 920 and 1,120 (TTT and ROTK). LOTR was quite bigger than Star Wars WW. And now look what is happening to Hobbit: it is making the same numbers than LOTR 10 years later, so those 700-800 numbers could make some sense comparing to LOTR-Hobbit. Said this, I think SW will fly well over 1 billion. I have it at 1.2 billion for the moment (maybe 450 DOM-750 OS). But the possibility of disappointing numbers could exist in the same way that Hobbit's case.

I don't think star Wars should be compared to LOTR. The Hobbit was just a spinoff. The epic story had already been told and with the Hobbit we are left with the less interesting story in which we follow around a bunch of dwarfs. It never felt as big or as interesting as LOTR.
  • Like 1

Do you think Avatar 3 or 4 could cross the 4.5-5B  as ww monsters at the box office threshold my friend.. Or too early for you to make that call? :???

Lol, just lol. Whilst Avatar is making over 4b WW I'm going to start chasing flying pigs on my unicorn.
  • Like 1

Age of Ultron will not outgross the original or come close to it, sorry.

What few people with an actual iota of common sense knows this, but really, it's best to treat this thread like a car wreck: Stop and observe, comment on it, then move on...

• Like 3

Sorry, but no way these movies cost only 415m. I'd bet the original film's budget was almost near that number alone.But...don't matter...movies will make unbelievable bank, even if none of them get to the numbers of the original.

Where did you get 'only 415M' from?