Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Ok Superman001, I admit I may be misreading your slightly rambling and incoherent post...But if you are saying Avatarwill clearly make more OS that the first...well, while I don't discount the possibility...to call others foolish for not thinking that will happen is ridiculous. You're taking about box office that is unseen before by any film. You simply can't expect hat, even if it's possible. It's not foolish to doubt that happening...it's honestly probably more reasonable. No doubt, all bets are off with this sequel...but come on you can't say it's absurd to say it WON'T do that...how can you possibly say that, you have no metric to do that?Now if I misread your post...well, write clearer posts next time.

Folks understand my posts just fine, maybe you need more schooling KOwhite.. LOL

I've been tracking what can potential push films beyond typical BO patterns..And James Camerons masterpieces, especially the sequels have the pushing the envelope, the music that whisk audiences up, the story that everyone can feed into.

Especially with weather concerns and other things no BO is truly certain, but pending no disasters and this massive sequel hits, there is no comic film period that has the stuff to bring in the kind of people that James Cameron epic tales reach.

I'm pretty sure you were one of those saying Titanic was a fluke and Avatar I would flop with blue aliens, and you did so because

you have no idea what makes for mega Boxoffice my friend.. James simpy is able to make the better mousetrap for movie audiences

domestically and worldwide. The sequel for Avatar is the most talked about event that is on the hearts and minds of those

who experienced it. .There is no ifs, no buts about it.

I gurantee as long as there are no  natural disasters, A2 will beat the pants off Avengers 2 like no sequel has. And obviously neither

you or your team of BKBs and Jessie Marvel fanboys had the hard  stones to bet the 50 USD and signature bet.

So seems really none of the marvel fans who are anti-avatar2 seem to have the courage to back up their statements. lol

A year before release?

They are planning another Avatar Day... I love so audience will get to see 15-20mins of footage  in select

3d theaters.... Im betting in the 48-60FPS format  that James Camerons is saying will take audiences on  even more visual,sensual and  exilerating e xperience.. I'm still laughing at doubters Neo.. I mean james turns a story about a burnout soldier whos a parapledigic and jumps into a blue catsuit into a film that beats Titanic. A feat no film  despite over 400% increase in TCs and especially 3D theaters could do over a 13 yr period.. And they really think the sequel to Juggernaut 2 wont push the envelope further. I wonder if they are not listening to Josh Whedon (Lol the director of the TA) saying no film will match Avatar 2 and its the biggest film on everyones list lol. LOL

aar

So the real question becomes...What's more annoying?A delusional Marvel fanboy? Or a delusional James Cameron fanboy?James Cameron releases less movies, so less to talk about, so I guess you win this round Superman001! Or lose? I'm not sure.

You'll learn to love it or accept it..Kal-El here is mellow compared to his old days..Some would say that he's getting more wise.. You do the math
  • Like 1

Well, good to know there's someone out there willing to go toe to toe with BKB in the crazy pool.I look forward to your non-sensical debates.

Well you dont have much to say and are no count in achieving legendary stats. So I will just count that as another mad ranting

from an ant-Cameron success fan.. As usually we roll right over you and posts like BKB posts. And then laugh at you all , when James proves the  exception to the rule for the 5th time(Or is it the sixth LOL)Hah hah...

While comic book films fall from their big predecessors.

James Camerons has a 30x multipliers with Titan,  T2 almost a 7 X , Avatar 9.8x ...(This is just the domestic, if we factored in the worldwide multipliers it would be far far more impressive)

I also like that James film's are not just films with god like BO reigns above all other movies, but deserve and command critical

acclaim and oscars almost in every big outing he attempts.

Just another thing these lesser directors are not capable of in this generation. The only one in James shoes is Speilberg.

Who hasnt had a glory day since Jurassic Park.

You'll learn to love it or accept it..Kal-El here is mellow compared to his old days..Some would say that he's getting more wise..You do the math

Ive always been pretty good  at winning wars, but sometimes would get out of hand defending my franchises or directors.

Hah hah Im a LOA   young master . So  I realize even when debating your never attracting good things sinking to the levels of BKB

mKO and Jessie and others on here.

^^ I dont know about KO, but I would rather my top directors focus on great films that have  audiences  in awe for years thank make

a ton of forgettable movies. When James retires from the business, he will be byond even Steven when it comes to making the pound for pound best epics and films that  made noise of all time.

Being too much about money over quality you lose audiences and sometimes even credibility. James Cameron,

the gent who did the Myst,  Nolan are those rare directors that havent droppped the ball period.

So audiences keep coming back , and in the case of Cameron his audience retention keeps growing.  Going to be crazy if Juggernaut 

goes beyond even those predicts of 4billion all...

I dunno why. I guess, sometimes they do that, showing older films.

It's in germany, link.

Happy Holidays Elessar ... Are you ready  for another Avatar Day upon us. James epic was so big they got theaters all over the world

to have 15min Stereo 3D presentations  in over 100 locations between dom and OS.. I think Atvr2 Day will have even greater results.

Domestically, I'd say it's a toss-up between Avengers 2 and Avatar 2.

Avengers 2: 550m

Star Wars 7: 475m
Man of Steel 2 a.k.a. Justice League: 405m

But worldwide Avatar 2 will curbstomp everything like an Ed Norton pretending to be pissed at a carjacker but really just hating black folks.

Jessie, we can go around and round about this as though this has never happened, but it was the intro to true 3D that propelled this movie and you'd have to be a gullible idiot to think otherwise.. And, sorry, but NO, No one talks about AVATAR for a movie that made as much as what it did and unless Cameron introduces someting greater than 3D, then the sequel isn't gonna make no stupid 869M Domestic like Kal thinks and YES, The AVENGERS and it's sequel is already being talked about more than the sequel to the #1 grossing movie of all time, that being AVATAR.. It's true and everyone knows it..

^^^ LOL... Im just so glad Neo and others have your ludcrious statements in their signatures so we can get a good chuckle. Worse if TA2 makes far less than TA lol.

Domestically, I'd say it's a toss-up between Avengers 2 and Avatar 2.

Avengers 2: 550m

Star Wars 7: 475m
Man of Steel 2 a.k.a. Justice League: 405m

But worldwide Avatar 2 will curbstomp everything like an Ed Norton pretending to be pissed at a carjacker but really just hating black folks.

Happy Holidays to FMPro ,Kayum, Neo, KK,  Peludo, 16, Bball, Tele, Baum, Shawn and all the gang.

I like your  statements on how A2 will take full advantage of the 300-400% bigger markets OS than A1. That is going to be crazy.

I dont see how the domestic is close with Avatar outsellign Avengers on every level and Avengers making no dent in the HV markets.

IF james loses his touch then it could be close, but I think we will get more of the T2 effect thank James not being able to rally

even more people to the large  2d and 3D TCs domestically.

Lowend for me for A2 is 660-700M, Low end for Avengers2 470-530M

Depending on quality I Think we should watch MOS2 and SW7 as other potential domestic and WW Avenger2 killers..:)

Edited by Superman001

PS Stingray?? WHere did you get that Norton is a racist?? Can you post the news guy. I hope thats not true, he always

appeared to be cool beans. He does have a perfectionist attitude , which has rub others actors and producers(Including

companies like  Disney/Marvel)  the wrong way though.

:D

^^ Stingray are you an Avtar  2 makes over 3billion WW believer? Or you still have some doubts on James Cameron's

abilty to break the BO rules in two?. ;)

Naah, can't say that I am. 2.25b.

• Like 1

I have to admit that James Cameron can do sequels well, and people know that. But I think it really depends on the trailers for OW. If it looks 1. Original, 2. Graphical awesome, it'll be big!

I think he will pull of things even  more remarkable than the  original.. I've yet to see him get lazy Bball buddy.

ANd that is how greatest can be achieved again and again. And in JC's world, greatest will equal mega records broken

and oscars and scores of film awards  yet again.. I hope this time A2 isnt robbed of the best picture OScar nod though.

:D

Naah, can't say that I am. 2.25b.

Hah hahh cool  I dig your predicts , but I think my predict will be closer :P.

I still see Avatar makes uge increase overseas to the tune of 2.5-2.8B+ in the news..

And at least 800-850M on the highend Domestic My Predict WW is 3.6BWW.. :)

Edited by Superman001

Happy Holidays Elessar ... Are you ready  for another Avatar Day upon us. James epic was so big they got theaters all over the world

to have 15min Stereo 3D presentations  in over 100 locations between dom and OS.. I think Atvr2 Day will have even greater results.

I don't think there will be an Avatar Day 2. Honestly, it's not needed.

Happy holidays!

BKB why are you so threatened by this film?, why do you care if AVATAR 2 does or does not make more money than Avengers 2?.

There will be no contest worldwide anyway so maybe you should start being more humble as it will all end in tears in a couple of years time.

Woah. Do you not know BKB? This shit is life or death with him. :D

• Like 1