Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Sorry like I said ... UK didnt haven enough 3D theaters or Avatar would have done 50-100 million more. That is what everyone is saying, put Bond in 3D. No one would have seen it as much times as Avatar at those premium Prices.

Pandora is a whole new kind of machine Noctis... Simple as that.. Now UK has the 3D Arenas.. This is going to be epic!!

50-100 more?

You know...sometimes logic really is lost on some.

• Like 3

I actually agree about the 3d screens, it was hard finding cinemas that were 3d compatible when Avatar was out.

That is the big wild card on taking down the Skyfall record. Will people now see it as much times as  many folks from UK and other countries have stated. Avatar made far less than its max potential because of the lack of 3D venues.

If Avatar puts up 140-180+M pounds in UK. Im going to say I told you so gents. :)

Im betting by 2017 there will be over 70% more 3D venues so Fox will be able to give more masses the fulll Avatar experience and impact.

140-180 pounds I here you knocking. Noctis and FTW cant seem to realize how much missed revenue happened in UK because of the lack of 3D venues.

Just wait until 2017.. Especially if themovie takes folks on that out of this world emotional and sensory r

ride on a level just as good or far better than Avatar 1

Edited by Superman001

One thing to remember though Kal, if you have a greater screen capacity, and the film is a disappointment, the negative WOM will spread thar much quicker.

Aw shit no you didnt FTW :P But Tooshee :P Hahh hah. You are indeed correct. lol

Though Ive never seen a cameron film that dissappointed. Even True Lies had some very cool moments , though it lacked the mesmorizing moments of  say aliens, Abyss, T2 etc.

:).. I hope they do Avatar Day 2.. I think it would be a mistake to not make it epic like the first with how they took over 130-200+ 3D joints around the world in key locations to give us a taste of greatness.

Please Fox do another Special WW day for Avatar 2 :)..

Sorry if I get a bit over enthusiastic , but the big ones from James I always get a bit fiesty.

I refuse to empower the dissappointment by keeping that possibility locked away in the deep sections of my hemispheres FTW LOL. This film must be oscar worthy dammit lol

Edited by Superman001

Aw shit no you didnt FTW :P But Tooshee :P Hahh hah. You are indeed correct. lol

Though Ive never seen a cameron film that dissappointed. Even True Lies had some very cool moments , though it lacked the mesmorizing moments of say aliens, Abyss, T2 etc.

:).. I hope they do Avatar Day 2.. I think it would be a mistake to not make it epic like the first with how they took over 130-200+ 3D joints around the world in key locations to give us a taste of greatness.

Please Fox do another Special WW day for Avatar 2 :)..

Sorry if I get a bit over enthusiastic , but the big ones from James I always get a bit fiesty.

I refuse to empower the dissappointment by keeping that possibility locked away in the deep sections of my hemispheres FTW LOL. This film must be oscar worthy dammit lol

Yes! The way to ensure Avatar 2 breaks all records is to cast Arnold in it. I always thought Cameron should have found room for him in Titanic, and since he wasnt in Avatar 1, he'd be perfect to play the main villain in this, even as a CGI motion capture character.

PS FTW I hope your rooting for Avatar 2 to come and shatter BKBs Avengers Domestically and totally beat both Avengers and SW7 combined WW.

I really believe in the 3B with the potential for 4B+WW scenario. :)

I don't really care to be honest. If the avengers makes more in the US it doesn't really alter the course of my life, so long as I get an entertaining film out of it.
  • Like 2

It depends on when it's released, what month it's released... If in December, then No..

Yeah its tuff to say, but then again tons of people came through an

major Snow Storms on the east side and even with a mega storm.. Avatar still almost shattered the DEC record. Then they came back again and which freaking force of nature only drops 5-10% from the last weekend. lol

I mean the 2nd weekend was just insane. I rem BO analaysts saying its freaking impossible for such a hold.

So if no Snow Storms I think alot of people will show up and we could see the worlds first 150-160+M OW.. Still cameron films have 7-20x+ multipliers so you dont need a giant weekend to beat 760M domestic

Edited by Superman001

I don't really care to be honest. If the avengers makes more in the US it doesn't really alter the course of my life, so long as I get an entertaining film out of it.

Come on now, you know its going to be fun if we beat Avengers 2 by 1.5 to 2B + :P.. And amass more money than both films combined WW. That would be crazy..

Though Disney still the big winner even if Avengers makes 1.4.1.7B WW and  SWS makes only 1.2-1.5B..

I think only SW7 and Batman vs Superman possess the inate power to hit 1.8-2B.. As the fandom of Batman VS Superman will be insane as its what folks yearned for 80+ yrs and SW7 with the entire cast and a great trailer... Well it could be LOTR and original Titanic run killer.

Still I agree bottomline lets have a great sequel. To me Cameron has the best sequels of all time with Aliens and T2.. So my lord with the cash Fox is throwing at him now... Maybe he will eclipse T2 and Aliens from our minds. :)

Kal, do you realize just how much $$$$$ 3B-4B Really is and how hard that kind of $$$$ is to achieve???

hyde-laughing_1371421_GIFSoupcom_zpsa58d

LOL BKB REM. Cameron All time Domestic 1 and number 2 domestic..lol All time Worldwide the same.

Biggest Sequel of All time Terminator 2 Judgement day!

On not beating Avengers by a mile Domestically and Worldwide

Yes! The way to ensure Avatar 2 breaks all records is to cast Arnold in it. I always thought Cameron should have found room for him in Titanic, and since he wasnt in Avatar 1, he'd be perfect to play the main villain in this, even as a CGI motion capture character.

that's just it my friend James Cameron doesn't want people to be associating Arnold Schwarzenegger to the his avatar so I don't think he's going to cast him. Still it would be interesting to see ahnold in the Avatar franchise so never say never. Micheal bien would have been cast but james didnt want the aliens association. As Sigourney already had a big role in the saga.

that's just it my friend James Cameron doesn't want people to be associating Arnold Schwarzenegger to the his avatar so I don't think he's going to cast him. Still it would be interesting to see ahnold in the Avatar franchise so never say never. Micheal bien would have been cast but james didnt want the aliens association. As Sigourney already had a big role in the saga.

Why wouldn't he want Arnold associated with it?

That is the big wild card on taking down the Skyfall record. Will people now see it as much times as  many folks from UK and other countries have stated. Avatar made far less than its max potential because of the lack of 3D venues.

If Avatar puts up 140-180+M pounds in UK. Im going to say I told you so gents. :)

Im betting by 2017 there will be over 70% more 3D venues so Fox will be able to give more masses the fulll Avatar experience and impact.

140-180 pounds I here you knocking. Noctis and FTW cant seem to realize how much missed revenue happened in UK because of the lack of 3D venues.

Just wait until 2017.. Especially if themovie takes folks on that out of this world emotional and sensory r

ride on a level just as good or far better than Avatar 1

no its not a wild card, it just simply is not happening.

• Like 1

Not having as much 3D revenues caused it to gross £94m instead of "£144m-£194m" according to Kal.

I mean...really? Really? How on earth does that make even a lick of sense?

my local cinema didn't have 3d screens when Avatar was out. Didn't matter, the cinema that did have screens was only an extra 5 minute drive away.