Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Yeah, I wasn't making any kind of box office prediction, at all. Like I said, I have no doubts that Avatar 2 will be massive.I was just questioning what its overall perception will be in film history. Other than of course a record breaking box office blockbuster.

Will be the same as Titanic.

James Cameron: ‘Avatar’ sequels to draw on ‘master navigators’

“The best inspiration I got for ‘Avatar’ 2 and 3 was dealing with the master navigator culture inMicronesia,” Cameron said by phone from Tokyo on Friday, where he attended the Japanese premiere of “Titanic 3D.”

“Everybody tries to connect these dots,” Cameron said. ” Everybody looks at the world through the lens of Hollywood. When I’m doing deep ocean exploration, I’m doing deep ocean exploration and when I’m making ‘Avatar,’ I’m making ‘Avatar.’ I object to this notion that my purpose in diving is to do research for a movie. My purpose in making a movie is to make enough money so I can dive.”

Cameron said he planned to head from Tokyo back to his Deepsea Challenger crew in Guam, where he’ll make at least two more dives. When he surfaces, Cameron will enter pre-production for “Avatar 2.”