Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

11 minutes ago, Elessar said:

While we don't see eye to eye in terms of Avatar 2's box office potential, you could not have said it better. "A James Cameron Film" - that is the hook, nothing else needed.

You think not movie folks know this name?

5 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Tfa will beat Avatar. We talk domestic here by default. When its WW we type in WW

It's exactly this kind of Americentrism that will prevent TFA from being #1 Worldwide - although I'm sure there is some way you'll doublethink your way to convincing others that 49/51 versus 28/72 split domestic/international is somehow a good thing.

• Like 1

I think many many people that go to the movies are going to know James Cameron's name by now. But when the trailer comes out it will definitely say a film by James Cameron and then it will name the other a gigantic hits that he has had. The same thing happened with Christopher Nolan.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Charism said:

You think not movie folks know this name?

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

I think many many people that go to the movies are going to know James Cameron's name by now. But when the trailer comes out it will definitely say a film by James Cameron and then it will name the other a gigantic hits that he has had. The same thing happened with Christopher Nolan.

skip to 2 minutes 49 or watch the whole thing, your choice.

30 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Ellesar knows what hes talking about. I understand if some new people don't get this stuff but Kal has been following the box office in posting on forums for about 15 years. He should understand that stuff by now.

I do that's why I have beaten you on many occasion. I will beat you with inability to track mega films on avatar 2 won't beat force awakens by 901m overall.  Baumerfett and other Jedis served on a silver platter. 

6 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

It's exactly this kind of Americentrism that will prevent TFA from being #1 Worldwide - although I'm sure there is some way you'll doublethink your way to convincing others that 49/51 versus 28/72 split domestic/international is somehow a good thing.

It's not a bad thing either. It just is.

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

That is a bit fastly shot.

You see, you write in the thread about Avatar 2... positioned in the 'dom' (NA = USA+CAN) area / sub-forum of BOT.

Only bcs in this thread some do not bother to follow the usual way to write in BOT anymore

= doesn't mean the writer who doesn't use the dom hint automatically within the dom area is doing it out of 'Americancentrism'. He does it out of.... it's the standard writing style in this 'dom' area.

If you speak here of ww, you write ww....

If you write in the International Forum / Sub-Forum, all will know you write about ww, then you have to add 'dom' if you mean dom.

Better to ask another person if there was a reason for writing it in this way before jumping to conclusions might also improve how other might take your POV in general... only a hint.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Check the link of the trailer above, it does exacnd tly this.

Funny how Baumer keeps talking about its an all time it can't increase.  When it's from the man that broke his own unsinkable film and the creator and director of the world's biggest sequel jump.  Terminator to T2. Going by historical data of Cameron.  Ahem force awakens and  baumerfett are toast.  When folks talk about biggest films they mean ww. Not just the domestic.  Amen and time for some zzzzz

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

That is a bit fastly shot.

You see, you write in the thread about Avatar 2... positioned in the 'dom' (NA = USA+CAN) area / sub-forum of BOT.

Only bcs in this thread some do not bother to follow the usual way to write in BOT anymore

= doesn't mean the writer who doesn't use the dom hint automatically within the dom area is doing it out of 'Americancentrism'. He does it out of.... it's the standard writing style in this 'dom' area.

If you speak here of ww, you write ww....

If you write in the International Forum / Sub-Forum, all will know you write about ww, then you have to add 'dom' if you mean dom.

Better to ask another person if there was a reason for writing it in this way before jumping to conclusions might also improve how other might take your POV in general... only a hint.

My apologies, I didn't mean to come across as rude, I didn't know. :)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'm Canadian and I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.  

No one here, NOT ONE person thought TFA would beat Avatar WW, at least not before the record opening weekend.  And 99.9% of still don't.

But this is first and foremost a site that was born to talk about domestic numbers.  So we do.  TFA will beat Avatar in the North American market.  That's not insulting or telling half the story, it's just a fact.  We have an entire international section to talk international numbers.  You should check it out.

• Like 2