Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 3/1/2017 at 5:05 AM, Mikasa Ackerman said:

I may not have really wanted sequels after the first one, but then I just remind myself that this man directed the two greatest action sequels of all time. I think a lot of people are going to be blown away.

Well said. Did Jim say anything on bill Paxton's passing Jimbo or Mikasa . Evening all. At work in Manhattan over here.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Well said. Did Jim say anything on bill Paxton's passing Jimbo or Mikasa . Evening all. At work in Manhattan over here.

http://time.com/4685241/james-cameron-bill-paxton/

Jim wrote a beautiful article. RIP Paxton

as for news

The shooting for Avatar starts this august and Disney Land Pandora opens May 27th this year. Also the Han Solo film is confirmed for May in 2018, which gives us hope for a 2018 December release. There seems no reason for Han Solo film not to be released at Christmas except to avoid Avatar.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

Photos of James Cameron in Avatar 2 production meetings.

culbersonr.jpg

Sorry.  My mistake.  He was at JPL planning a mission to Europa.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/03/inside-nasas-daring-8-billion-plan-to-finally-find-extraterrestrial-life/

Edited by DeeCee
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Photos of James Cameron in Avatar 2 production meetings.

culbersonr.jpg

Sorry.  My mistake.  He was at JPL planning a mission to Europa.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/03/inside-nasas-daring-8-billion-plan-to-finally-find-extraterrestrial-life/

lol thats a cool article, love how Jim influences NASA.

• Like 1

Local newspaper published an interview with James Cameron today: James Cameron on the lure of Atlantis and ‘making Avatar 2, 3, 4 and 5’.

You have a major theme park ready to launch and, of course, the sequels to Avatar. The last we heard was that there was to be a 2018 release. What can you tell us about the development so far?

Well, 2018 is not happening. We haven’t announced a firm release date. What people have to understand is that this is a cadence of releases. So we’re not making Avatar 2. We’re making Avatar 2, 3, 4 and 5. It’s an epic undertaking. It’s not unlike building the Three Gorges dam. (Laughs) So I know where I’m going to be for the next eight years of my life. It’s not an unreasonable time frame if you think about it. It took us four-and-a-half years to make one movie and now we’re making four. We’re full tilt boogie right now. This is my day job and pretty soon we’ll be 24-7. We’re pretty well designed on all our creatures and sets. It’s pretty exciting stuff. I wish I could share with the world. But we have to preserve a certain amount of showmanship and we’re going to draw that curtain when the time is right.

I can't find any other news of the 2018 date being missed - it certainly hasn't been moved officially. Not sure how seriously to take his remark that "2018 is not happening"? I feel like if he just wanted to cover his bases though he could have just said 'Well, we haven't announced a firm release date'.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Local newspaper published an interview with James Cameron today: James Cameron on the lure of Atlantis and ‘making Avatar 2, 3, 4 and 5’.

I can't find any other news of the 2018 date being missed - it certainly hasn't been moved officially. Not sure how seriously to take his remark that "2018 is not happening"? I feel like if he just wanted to cover his bases though he could have just said 'Well, we haven't announced a firm release date'.

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Feel really sad to hear about the news. I’m really looking forward to the sequels and how much it will make in China.

Every delay is more money made in china.. silver linings I guess. I really just want to watch Avatar 2 though.