Peeta Tong Karanasios

Maleficent OS Thread

I was referring specifically to PeetaKara celebrating his prediction coming true, not the general success of the film. But I only count 4 films that opened higher that it will beat, and 3 that opened to more than 90M.

1. Cap2 $95+ million2. Godzilla $93+ million3. TASM-2 $91+ million4. DOFP $90+ million----------------------------+1. Apes-2 $72+ million

1. Cap2 $95+ million2. Godzilla $93+ million3. TASM-2 $91+ million4. DOFP $90+ million----------------------------+1. Apes-2 $72+ million

It's not going to pass Cap2, but if it did then it would also pass Transformers anyway making it 6.

• Like 1

It's not going to pass Cap2, but if it did then it would also pass Transformers anyway making it 6.

What? WW, not domestic. This is Maleficent's overseas thread. Clearly I was including it's overseas total as well, which is why I didn't include Transformers in the list...as if. And it has already beating all those movies WW (Apes2 doesn't look likely to add over $200 million more overseas to match/beat Mal, but I could be wrong).P.s. It's too early to call on GOTG/Maleficent WW battle. Edited by sfran43

What? WW, not domestic. This is Maleficent's overseas thread. Clearly I was including it's overseas total as well, which is why I didn't include Transformers in the list...as if. And it has already beating all those movies WW (Apes2 doesn't look likely to add over $200 million more overseas to match/beat Mal, but I could be wrong).P.s. It's too early to call on GOTG/Maleficent WW battle.

You can't go from domestic opening to WW total numbers, that makes no sense. When you say that it beat those films even though they opened higher, you are implying that it managed to out leg those films, and passed those films later on in its run, not "passing" (in quotation marks because it was never actually behind to begin with) them by making more in a bunch of markets that have no relation to the place the opening happened.

Edited by Tower

Not so fast. Guardians of the Galaxy has a legitimate chance of surpassing it. With $320M in NA, it only needs $440M elsewhere.

You really think it will make it to $320M? With the midweek drops, i was thinking, more like $310M. Edit...i just realized GOTG has no competitions this weekend, so it might just make it.

Not so fast. Guardians of the Galaxy has a legitimate chance of surpassing it. With $320M in NA, it only needs $440M elsewhere.

Yeah, it think GOTG will top it with $320M domestic and $440M overseas.

But i am happy for Maleficent and Jolie.

• Like 1

The most ridiculous record of the week:

'Maleficent' has surpassed 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' in North America to become the second-highest-grossing non-Marvel live-action 3-D Disney film after 'Alice in Wonderland'.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=buenavista.htm

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 4