grim22

Weekend #s on Pg 34. Divergent 56M. Muppets 16.5M. Peabody 11.7M, 302 8.6M, Gods not dead 8.5M

YA movies are silly and annoying. Hope all attempts in that genre fail, so they stop being made and more resources could be used for superhero films and real sci-fi films.

Superhero films already get all the resources. But I agree on sci-fi films.

YA movies are silly and annoying. Hope all attempts in that genre fail, so they stop being made and more resources could be used for superhero films and real sci-fi films.

Posted Image

It fits perfectly!

Edited by Frozen Iceroll
  • Like 6

Superhero films already get all the resources. But I agree on sci-fi films.

Well, studios have put a lot of resources into sci-fi films recently. They've just mostly been terrible and flopped

Oh, let's get rid of the YA movies that *cough* incidentally have strong appeal to girls/women. Because superhero/sci-fi/action movies are never formulaic or derivative, and are so rarely made. :rolleyes:

They don't make enough movies for men. We need more

• Like 2

I was with you till you spoke about superhero films getting the resources. I would much rather have original properties, like Inception, get those resources.That's not to say SH movies are bad, but we've gotten so many of them that a break would be nice. 

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

Divergent looks to have way more appeal to makes than Twilight based on that ratio. Even slightly more than THG

This is pretty surprising to me since every trailer reaction I saw for Divergent sounded more like Twilight (screaming fan girls) than any other YA property I've seen.

Starting?

When it got out kind of almost like it. I rated Frozen with a 6.5/10.Now people talk and talk AND TALK and keep TALKING about Frozen like its the best movie of all time... so forget about The Godfather, Scorsese, Kubrick, etc, etc, we have FROZEN people....!

It-is-a-cartoon-for-little-girls-for-God's-sake!!!!!  :bash:

This is pretty surprising to me since every trailer reaction I saw for Divergent sounded more like Twilight (screaming fan girls) than any other YA property I've seen.

Movie had more action than I was expecting. A huge amount of gun battles in the end
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator

When it got out kind of almost like it. I rated Frozen with a 6.5/10.Now people talk and talk AND TALK and keep TALKING about Frozen like its the best movie of all time... so forget about The Godfather, Scorsese, Kubrick, etc, etc, we have FROZEN people....!

It-is-a-cartoon-for-little-girls-for-God's-sake!!!!!  :bash:

It's a cartoon with a great message regardless of gender, IMHO.

• Like 13

• Founder / Operator

In fairness, I can see how discussing it for nearly four months might get old for those who weren't fans of it. That's just the nature of the game, though. After movies like Avatar, Dark Knight, Inception, Avengers, etc., I think it's fair that a female-centric musical gets the limelight for once.

• Like 11