grim22

Box Office Forums's "Most under-appreciated films of the 2000s". Reveal starting now

MAN OF STEEL

My prophecy was true

I really, really wanted it to come true. I put it at #6.

1. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

2. Good chance it makes the list

3. Probably won't make the list

4. Maaaaybe could make the list

5. Could possibly make the list, but unlikely

6. Man of Steel

7. Probably won't make the list

8. Could possibly make the list, but unlikely

9. Bruno

10. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Funny you should mention that

#21.

TOY STORY 3

Posted Image

Plot: Like you don't know.

Please feel free to blame Films for this movie ending up on the list. We live in a world where a movie which is 99% on RT and 8.5 on IMDB and over a Billion dollars WW gross is under-appreciated.

Ummm, yeah this is far from under appreciated...

It is one of the few animated movies (And sequels) to get best picture nod, excellent reviews, excellent box office, everybody has seen it, it shouldn't be here.

STARDUST

Posted Image

PLOT: The passage from this world to the fantasy kingdom of Stormhold is through a breach in a wall beside an English village. In the 1800s, a boy becomes a man when he ventures through the breach in pursuit of a fallen star, to prove his love for the village beauty. The star is no lump of rock, it's a maiden, Yvaine. Tristan, the youth, is not the only one looking for her: three witches, led by Lamia, want her heart to make them young; and, the sons of the dead king of Stormhold want her because she holds a ruby that will give one of them title to the throne. Assisting Tristan are his mother, the victim of a spell, and a transvestite pirate of the skies. Will Tristan win his true love?

• Like 5

STRANGER THAN FICTION

Posted Image

PLOT: Everybody knows that your life is a story. But what if a story was your life? Harold Crick is your average IRS agent: monotonous, boring, and repetitive. But one day this all changes when Harold begins to hear an author inside his head narrating his life. The narrator it is extraordinarily accurate, and Harold recognizes the voice as an esteemed author he saw on TV. But when the narration reveals that he is going to die, Harold must find the author of the story, and ultimately his life, to convince her to change the ending of the story before it is too late. 

I love this movie, one of Will Ferrel's best performances ever. He makes Harold Crick very very relatable and makes you root for him throughout. The ending seems like a cop-out, but I think it did perfect justice to every single character.

• Like 8

THE ROAD TO EL DORADO

Posted Image

PLOT: The story is about two swindlers who get their hands on a map to the fabled city of gold, El Dorado while pulling off some sort of scam. Their plan goes bad and the rogues end up lost at sea after a number of misfortunes. Oddly enough, they end up on the shores of El Dorado and are worshiped by the natives for their foreign appearance.

One of the most underappreciated movies IMO. This was an absolutely hilarious movie to watch.

• Like 3

BLADES OF GLORY

Posted Image

PLOT: When rivalry between the world's best men's figure skaters - sex addicted, improvisational Chazz Michael Michaels and germophobic, precise Jimmy MacElroy - breaks into a fight on the awards platform, they're banned from the event for life. Three years later, desire for a gold medal and a careful reading of the rules lead them to compete as skating's first male-male pair. Can they overcome mutual dislike, limited time to prepare, their coach's secret past, and the dirty tricks of their main opponents, the Van Waldenberg siblings? The key to victory or defeat may lie in the attraction of the virginal Jimmy toward Katie, the Van Waldenbergs' little sister.

• Like 5

Posted Image

(Why wouldn't I have seen it?)

Cause it's 100 years old and obscure.  :)

But you are tele, so I don't doubt anything from you, I was just kidding.  

I ♥︎ Huccabees

Posted Image

PLOT: Determined to solve the coincidence of seeing the same conspicuous stranger three times in a day, Albert hires a pair of existentialist detectives, who insist on spying on his everyday life while sharing their views on life and the nature of the universe.

• Like 1