The Stingray

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Vs. The Dark Knight. A Stingray Showdown.

Cap 2 Vs. TDK.  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    • The Dark Knight

In terms of style and substance, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the closest Marvel has gotten to DC's The Dark Knight. Therefore, I thought this would be a good time to do another edition of Stingray's patented Showdowns.

Begun, the Flame War has...

Posted Image VS Posted Image

Acting

Cap 2 - 8

TDK - 9

Action

Cap 2 - 9

TDK - 7

Ambition

Cap 2 - 9

TDK - 9

Cinematography

Cap 2 - 8

TDK - 9

Dialogue

Cap 2 - 8

TDK - 7

Direction

Cap 2 - 9

TDK - 8

Emotion

Cap 2 - 8

TDK - 7

Score

Cap 2 - 6

TDK - 8

Script

Cap 2 - 9

TDK - 7

Villains

Cap 2 - 8

TDK - 10

TOTAL

Cap 2 - 82/100

TDK - 81/100

WINNER --> Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Posted Image

The only flame war that this question would start is a revolt to burn this question.

Lemme say I have no side in this Marvel vs DC (favorites are Spiderman and Batman)But is this 4realz? TDK was a generational movie imo. Theres flaws, especially with that 3rd act, but its still a very strong movie. Cap was great, but I havent been clamoring to see it again and while its not overrated, its praise is a little lofty, I mean am i the only that noticed Falcon was pretty much useless? That bugs me. Both are great movies and satisfied both audiences and fans, so thats all that matters to me. And Cap comes 3rd in Marvel/Disney for me. We should be comparing IM or TA with TDK, though TDK still beats all 3.Side note: Its ironic to me that both TDK and TA both do the first two acts right, but then have crazy 3rd act flaws. Both should go out with a bang, but never really do. But save that for another time,TDK - ACAWS - A minus minusMy review of WS in the link in my sig, please give it a read if you havent!