The Stingray

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Vs. The Dark Knight. A Stingray Showdown.

Cap 2 Vs. TDK.  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    • The Dark Knight

I have not Seen Captain America 2 yet.. like most normal people. .

So apparently, non-Americans don't count as 'normal people.'

Good to know.

• Like 3

So apparently, non-Americans don't count as 'normal people.'

Good to know.

I didn't mean it like that. I just keep hearing about people seeing these "advanced screenings" in the US. and I'm dying to see it. and can't yet.  and my normal I meant non-special every-day people, like me, you should look at it as a compliment. they're giving it to you guys first, so in a since you are privileged. anyways you shouldn't take offence so easily by some random comment. I meant no offence.  

• Like 1

The two movies do share several similarities. This thread is meant to spark conversation, not incite a riot.

Yeah its quite annoying how no comic book movie can be compared to TDK without being classed as Troll bait.

• Like 2

So if we aren't American then we aren't normal? I guess that means being underweight isn't normal either

look that post was taken way out of context, I will not be accursed of being something that I am not. which is racist or thinking someone if better or worse because there are from somewhere different. that is just sick , where, I believe that everyone is equal. I can understand I you could have read it that way. I'm very sorry If i offended anyone. all I was showing was a bit of jealously, for others seeing it before me. not just overseas. there are quite a bit of people over-here who have seen a early screening. and that was mostly what my remark was aimed at. I am not a person to want to make people angry or offend them, this is why I kind of hate internet boards where people read things out of context. and assume things that aren't true. and is full of trolls who says the most mean and hurtful things to people they don't even know, this is one thing that I strive never to be like. so please don't hold something against me, when I meant no ill will.  

Edited by kalo21

Relax dude, we're just fucking with you. No-one is seriously offended by it. But that post is such a delightful piece of Snark Bait, we'd be remiss not to make fun of it.

• Like 3

Relax dude, we're just fucking with you. No-one is seriously offended by it. But that post is such a delightful piece of Snark Bait, we'd be remiss not to make fun of it.

well like I said it's hard to tell with this being the internet and all :P

Interesting point. I agree that there aren't any scenes in Cap 2 that are really memorable, but at the same time I can't think of any from TDK either, aside from maybe the ending. Genuine answer. :)

I beg to differ :) The opening bank robbery scene, the "why so serious?" scene, the Joker talking about giving Gotham a better class of criminal while burning a huge pile of money were all pretty memorable in my opinion!

And we all know at least a couple of lines from TDK, I don't remember any meaningful lines from CA:TWS. 

• Like 1

The results of this Poll is pretty predictable as if any Nolan fans would allow another movie to beat out TDK in a Poll.. God forbid if this should happen...

Did you ever consider that people may actually think The Dark Knight is better than Captain America? It's not that Nolan fans do not allow other movies to beat The Dark Knight. It's that there are rarely any better movies than that. Really, stop claiming that everything that's against Marvel is unfair and that it's actually just because of the Nolan lovers or else, without them, Marvel would rule the world...

• Like 2

look that post was taken way out of context, I will not be accursed of being something that I am not. which is racist or thinking someone if better or worse because there are from somewhere different. that is just sick , where, I believe that everyone is equal. I can understand I you could have read it that way. I'm very sorry If i offended anyone. all I was showing was a bit of jealously, for others seeing it before me. not just overseas. there are quite a bit of people over-here who have seen a early screening. and that was mostly what my remark was aimed at. I am not a person to want to make people angry or offend them, this is why I kind of hate internet boards where people read things out of context. and assume things that aren't true. and is full of trolls who says the most mean and hurtful things to people they don't even know, this is one thing that I strive never to be like. so please don't hold something against me, when I meant no ill will.

I'm sorry but offense has already been taken and I had no choice but to report you for racist behaviour.
  • Like 1

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

sorry had to get that out of my system.

Edited by Omario

I can't wait to see Captain America. Stingray I like that you liked this movie a lot. When it comes to comic book movies you don't hold any alliances to any fandom. The Dark Knight was pretty magnificent. So to even put TWS in a poll with it means it left an impression on you. 

• Like 1

I can't wait to see Captain America. Stingray I like that you liked this movie a lot. When it comes to comic book movies you don't hold any alliances to any fandom. The Dark Knight was pretty magnificent. So to even put TWS in a poll with it means it left an impression on you. 

Thanks hun (inappropriate but not harmful?). Yeah, I don't do "teams", especially when it comes to comic book movies. The only teams that I do kind of support are Quentin Tarantino and horror movies (Jason Voorhees in particular). Tell you the truth though I think TDK is quite overrated. :ph34r:

The results of this Poll is pretty predictable as if any Nolan fans would allow another movie to beat out TDK in a Poll.. God forbid if this should happen...

You know how those Nolanites are, BKB, creating multiple accounts to vote and shit. I hear rumors that ED, that's their ringleader, has like 3 accounts here. What's worse is, the mods let him. See, the Nolanites are vertically integrated here at Boxoffice.com (and no, that don't mean they walk around with erections all the time. Well, maybe they do, I mean who knows what those crazy f**ks are up to). One of my sources even told me that ED exchanged gifts with one of the mods (who shall remain nameless). You know, like a bribe. Now I realize I put myself in great risk and grave danger for blowing the lid off their whole operation like this (the same week that I stood up to their "champ" at the summer game), but hey, at least the truth is out there.

We, the members, represent the hope of humanity against the totalitarian power of Boxoffice.com. In discharging your duty as members of these boards, in bringing the first conviction in this house of cards against ED, 'ask not what your forums can do for you, but what you can do for your forums.' Nothing as long as you live will ever be more important. It's up to you...

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 1