RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers (3/28 - 3/30) Noah 44M Divergent 26.5

Can Someone please explain to me how Divergent is dropping less than 50% this weekend? I know the WOM is clearly good but even THG dropped 60%.

It's different coming down from a 152m OW than from a 54m OW

• Like 5

It's not that Arnold isn't a draw anymore as far as "Sabotage" numbers.  I just think he took a very bad PR hit during the whole out of wedlock child scandal and it's still taking time for him to repair his image.  Also I agree with someone who said they need to get Arnold back into those Big Budget marquee films.  He's been doing a lot of small scale action films which is cool and all but we want Arnold to be Arnold.  Looks like he will bounce back with "Expendables 3" Hopefully T5 or Legend of Conan changes things.  But I do want to see the film, Love David A work.  

Well, Lionsgate is now surely very interested in seeing how Insurgent will perform. If it increases over Divergent, Allegiant will turn into 2 movies instead of 1.

It's different coming down from a 152m OW than from a 54m OW

Yeah but even twilight dropped hard and it's safe to say it had good WOM. This is performing my like a well received action movie even though it surely had a rush factor with fans of the book.
  • Like 1

Yeah but even twilight dropped hard and it's safe to say it had good WOM. This is performing my like a well received action movie even though it surely had a rush factor with fans of the book.

Having 50% of the OW audience being book readers vs. 75% for Twilight and THG probably had something to do with it.

• Like 1

Twilight Saturday drop -40%

Divergent Saturday drop -13%

Twilight obviously was much more fangirl driven movie, I think that around 75% of all viewers read the book (same with THG) while only 50% read Divergent. And obviously Noah doesn't go for remotely same demographic.

Edit: ^^iceroll yeah 75% then

Edited by darkelf

Twilight's first full week was Thanksgiving week. Makes it hard to compare to Divergent's run, since staggered spring breaks in March don't give quite the same weekday boost and lend to different weekend patterns between the two films. There are other factors, though, and Divergent's hold is pretty good admittedly.

• Like 2

Really great weekend overall.  I love that the article cities Watson's imprint on Twitter, because it's true her following is massive and rabid and having her take over several large accounts this week was a great idea.  I'm not saying that's what contributed to huge numbers but still very smart free marketing.  

Great hold for Divergent, was really worried the second weekend drop would be pretty difficult.  I think the biggest shock here is God's Not Dead.  That's a ridiculous hold.