baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

Which 2 the following films (you need to get both right) will finish closest (Percentage) to the target gross given by the end of the game? 

Guardians - 235M
TF4 - 248M
Lucy - 110M
Apes - 209.1M
Tammy - 86.5M

So if film A has a target of 100m and B is 200M, if A finishes with 90M and B with 185M B would be the answer as it is closer percentage wise (185/200 = 92.5% whilst 90/100 = 90% )

New SOTM. 
  • Like 2

Which 2 the following films (you need to get both right) will finish closest (Percentage) to the target gross given by the end of the game? 

Guardians - 235M
TF4 - 248M
Lucy - 110M
Apes - 209.1M
Tammy - 86.5M

So if film A has a target of 100m and B is 200M, if A finishes with 90M and B with 185M B would be the answer as it is closer percentage wise (185/200 = 92.5% whilst 90/100 = 90% )

New SOTM. 

I assume Baumer's Like makes this one official :)

• Like 1

Just putting the whole acceptable challenge in one post for myself so it's easier to answer over the next 24 hours...

1. Will GOTG make more than 40.935M this weekend domestically? (Actuals)
2. Will TMNT open over 43.39M?
3. Will 2nd-8th place combine to gross more than GOTG's opening week?
4. Will any movie increase more than 74.5% on Friday?
5. Which movie will be first place on Saturday?
6. Will Hercules drop between 56.5% and 59.5% domestically this weekend?
7. Will Boyhood increase this weekend between 20.5% and 24.5%?

____

Guardians - 235M
TF4 - 248M
Lucy - 110M
Apes - 209.1M
Tammy - 86.5M

• Like 1

Well it's alll up to date :

- Domestic Top 7 Weekends - Preliminary Scores

- Worldwide Top 5 Weekends - Preliminary Scores

I've posted both of the scores as per the top 7 and top 5 charts as they stand now (they are extremely unlikely to change from this point forward so I am fairly certain they can be scored)

Not a lot of variance in the scores for the Domestic (nearly everyone lost on Dragon 2 for example ... lol) BUT the Worldwide is looking like a game change with scores ranging from under 100k up to nearly 400k.  Special mention for "Film" who scored a stunning 565k (he basically nailed this thing) in this too... (he is the outlier here) out of a maximum score of 700k. :D

Anyway for now check out your scores over in the Weekends thread under Baumer's game area.  I'll leave it to B to choose when he wants to add them into the main scores.

• Like 1

Now, tell me, Jajang.  There's a lot that goes into scoring and it's time consuming, isn't it? lol

Thank you thank you thank you for doing this. 

I'll add it into the scoring on the weekend, which is when I will have more time to get to the preseason questions as well.

• Like 1

I'm going to keep the scores hidden for now.  These are the scores that change the game and they are usually tabulated at the end of the game......so I'll wait just a little bit before adding them in.

• Like 1

Now, tell me, Jajang.  There's a lot that goes into scoring and it's time consuming, isn't it? lol

Thank you thank you thank you for doing this. 

I'll add it into the scoring on the weekend, which is when I will have more time to get to the preseason questions as well.

Excel + Array formulas are your friend when putting stuff like this together.

But yes it's a lot of work compiling those numbers..... hence i thought i'd help ya out a bit and score these now ... should i hide the domestic top 7 ones too ?

PS if you need me to PM them, i've got them all in excel also :)

also happy to share the excel file to you if you want to check anything

Edited by Jajang and Back Again
  • Like 1

Looking at the predictions, it looks like Films may have got 350k points from the WW predictions and Kitik may have 250k from them i.e. more points than the past 13 weeks of weekly questions would give anyone. As predicted, it looks like the 125k and 100k bonus for the WW OW will end up deciding the game more than predicting the top 15 or any of the preseason questions.

Looking at the predictions, it looks like Films may have got 350k points from the WW predictions and Kitik may have 250k from them i.e. more points than the past 13 weeks of weekly questions would give anyone. As predicted, it looks like the 125k and 100k bonus for the WW OW will end up deciding the game more than predicting the top 15 or any of the preseason questions.

Not true.  I admit I made the points too high for that question, but the bonus points are higher, much higher, in the top 15.  

• Like 1

TENTATIVE ANSWERS TO CJOHN's CHALLENGE, ANY EDITS WILL BE DONE IN THIS POST AND BEFORE MIDNIGHT THURSDAY FORUM TIME IF THERE ARE ANY TO BE DONE

1. Will GOTG make more than 40.935M this weekend domestically? YES
2. Will TMNT open over 43.39M? NO
3. Will 2nd-8th place combine to gross more than GOTG's opening week? YES
4. Will any movie increase more than 74.5% on Friday? YES (Assuming top 12 as opposed to 'any' movie)
5. Which movie will be first place on Saturday?  GOTG
6. Will Hercules drop between 56.5% and 59.5% domestically this weekend? NO
7. Will Boyhood increase this weekend between 20.5% and 24.5%? NO

____

Guardians - 235M
TF4 - 248M - This one
Lucy - 110M
Apes - 209.1M - And this one
Tammy - 86.5M

Not true.  I admit I made the points too high for that question, but the bonus points are higher, much higher, in the top 15.  

Yes Me and a fair few others are still in with a shout at getting a million points if the last 2 or 3 of our films fall into place.

• Like 1