grim22

David Letterman announces that he will retire in 2015. Stephen Colbert to replace him

The guy was a schmuck but congrats on your longevity and sayonara! I rarely watched him , the few times with itw of my fav actors and the questions were so inane , he didn't even pretend to care or put his guests at ease , there was always this obligation vibe from him and the guest Which is so stark a difference when you watch jimmy fallon or kemmel they rock and entertain everyone the viewers the audience and the guest have a fun 15 minutes as they get the meaning of variety show

If you watched the Dave of the last 10 years you saw a guy on autopilot. But before that, especially on NBC he was sharp, innovative and funny.

I don't think you can just add someone to take over Colbert's show. Because of the way he based the show on his conservative character, you can't really just drop a new person in that role. As great as Stewart has been on the Daily Show, he can be replaced without changing the shows format. Comedy Central is going to have to create a brand new show once Colbert leaves.

I hate this news. Is Colbert going to be himself or will it be his on-air persona? In any case, it just feels that whatever makes Colbert great is going to be neutered or scaled down. His own show was about two thirds satirical observation and one third interviews. It felt like he was the master of a domain that had a lot of reach across the world.

But now he's going to be restricted to a monologue and a quick skit, leaving the rest of the episode talking to celebrities. And it's going to be on network television, so how much freedom will he have?

Also, we don't get the Late Show over here. We used to, but it sucked so much balls the channel that aired it quietly dragged it into the woods one night and shot it between the eyes. So basically no more Colbert for me unless I actively download it every day and put a major drain on my data cap.

This sucks :(

• Like 1

Maybe as Stephen Colbert he can introduce the opening monologue by "Stephen Colbert" then do the rest of the show as Stephen Colbert.  As Stephen Colbert he could make fun of "Stephen Colbert's" opening monologue.

I hope that makes sense.

Maybe as Stephen Colbert he can introduce the opening monologue by "Stephen Colbert" then do the rest of the show as Stephen Colbert.  As Stephen Colbert he could make fun of "Stephen Colbert's" opening monologue.

I hope that makes sense.

Major netowrk TV viewers wouldn't get it. They'd have aneurysms.