Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

50% fall for Divergent after falling 53% last weekend. I thought it would recover more. Twilight was -50.5% in weekend 3 and HG was -43.4%.

Hunger Games nor Twilight faced 95 million opener in its third weekend though.

• Like 3

50% fall for Divergent after falling 53% last weekend. I thought it would recover more. Twilight was -50.5% in weekend 3 and HG was -43.4%.

Divergent is doing a very important thing for YA adaptations. It is proving that a middle ground exists between the HP, Twilight and THG mega blockbusters and the Vampire Academy, Beautiful Creatures, Mortal Instruments flops. A mid-level hit which recoups its money and then some basically.

• Like 7

It didn't have to try to "be the dark knight". It had to try to be a well done Captain America/Steve Rogers movie. For me, it absolutely succeeded. The broader themes of freedom and preemptive strikes were used to define who Steve Rogers is and his importance to the twenty-first century, IMO. It didn't need to go any deeper than that in regards to the poltical issues to make it a great film experience.

I know there's a need to compare every CBM to TDK or The Avengers, but Marvel's doing something different, I think. 

I'm right there with you. 

• Like 1

Captain America no doubt hurt a bit. It should have good holds all the way to the end of April. 

Edited by John Marston

Team Tele/Jack/Jay or Team Everyone else. Now.

Is there a middle ground between two teams? I need a second viewing, but after the first time, I would say I'm in the no man's land atm.

and she was right yesterday while you guys were all saying 45 million

She said 35m. THR got it right. And everybody wasn't saying 45m. That was Shawn's number, lol.

• Like 1

It didn't get that it was trying to be anything like TDK at all. 

The 

surveillance and freedom vs security issues were things covered in the dark knight plus the themes and feels of the movies were similar at least to me.

Edited by boomboom234

Is there a middle ground between two teams? I need a second viewing, but after the first time, I would say I'm in the no man's land atm.

Seriously? lol.

Edited by ECSTASY

The 

surveillance and freedom vs security were things covered in the dark knight plus the themes and feels of the movies were similar at least to me

That's pretty broad though. It felt more like Bourne to me.

35-37 2 million difference vs 45 million and the dozens of 115 million Weekend predictions on friday

What do predictions from early early Friday morning have to do with anything? What are you even talking about

• Like 5