Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

I am not going to rank all the MCU movies again or probably ever again. However, I will say that my top 3 MCU are probably CA:TWS, CA:TFA, and Avengers. 

I just love Cap and Evans as Cap so much, so that is why I enjoy them as much as I do. 

Yeah, like Cap too, hate IM the most, no reason.

Thinking about it, I just wasn't emotionally invested at all. Part of it, I think, is that they decided to make Cap

essentially invulnerable

. Why should I care about danger when

he can fall hundreds of feet onto pavement (with shield), or hundreds of feet (into water), or dodge 30mm fighter plane cannons that shoot thousands of rounds a minute?

And

Bucky

is a drab sap. For all the great casting choices Marvel has made, that one was a real dud.

I understand what you are saying, but when have you ever felt that a superhero was in danger of dying? Yes, that's a huge problem for the genre since it is really hard to put stakes on things, but Cap is hardly the worst offender.

AvengersIron Man 2Captain AmericaIron ManThorIron Man 3Can't remember Incredible Hulk, haven't seen it since opening day in 2008.I remember liking that Banner was watching Grover from Sesame Street. :)

Edited by the Crocodile Hunter

Rank the Marvel movies

Avengers - good sex followed by a full 8 hours of sleep

Iron Man 1 - hitting the beach on a chill hot day after a stressful week of tests

Winter Soldier - great foreplay and delicious cheesecake

Iron Man 3 - GTA5 after beating the game

Thor - a meal at Applebees

Thor 2 - watching a video for the entire class period

Iron Man 2 - waiting at the doctors office (while sick)

Captain America - scabies and when you cant get a nasty taste of your mouth

Incredible Hulk - a smelly green dump

..PS can someone answer my post please and thanks.

• Like 2

Remember that scene in X-Men 3 where Magneto looks all horrified and says "What have I done?" I was looking for a gif of that and tumblr failed me. Disappointing

• Like 1

Trying to write my review on my blog. Is it a spoiler to say

HYDRA

or were people already aware they'd be playing a role in this?

I didn't know it before I saw it, so I would say it is a spoiler.

• Like 1

Remember that scene in X-Men 3 where Magneto looks all horrified and says "What have I done?" I was looking for a gif of that and tumblr failed me. Disappointing

I don't remember much of anything from X-men 3. I've willfully and blissfully deleted it from my memory. :D

I don't remember much of anything from X-men 3. I've willfully and blissfully deleted it from my memory. :D

It's right after Professor X explodes and it's really hilarious. Only reason I remember it

And it's so applicable to these last few pages  :unsure:

• Like 1

Well, I tried looking for a clip on Youtube and making the gif but then I ran into some fan made video of the climax, edited, and overlapped with Bring Me to Life by Evanescence, and then I searched X-Men 3, what have I done, and it turns out its videos of What I've Done by Linkin' Park with X-Men.

I hate life.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

Thought the same thing. Exact same problem as

Man of Steel. Felt zero sense of suspension not because we knew nothing bad would happen to Cap/Supes because they're the heroes. But because we got no sense they were ever physically in danger by how they would fall into something and get right back up with zero bruises or even clothes torn (!?)

Yes, although that's always been a classic problem for Superman and they've worked around it by putting people he cares about in danger. (At least, in the good movies.) Here, not so much.

Even the non-enhanced heroes seem pretty invulnerable too.

It's right after Professor X explodes and it's really hilarious. Only reason I remember it

And it's so applicable to these last few pages  :unsure:

You totally don't remember it. It happens after Phoenix starts killing everybody at Alcatraz, just after Magneto loses his powers. :lol:

• Like 2