Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Anyone care to guess what type of Monday number Cap is looking at? I tried to look at Thor 2 for comparison, but it's first Monday was a holiday.

I'm thinking maybe 5.6-6.1?

I think that would be the right area. Looking at IM3 for comparison, it dropped 77%, would lead to roughly the same amount. I wonder how much losing IMAX in week 3 i.e. Easter weekend will hurt. Easter sees good holds normally, but IMAX being lost may lead to a bigger than expected drop. Thor 2 never had IMAX fully during its run, it got 305 IMAX screens on a sharing basis with Enders Game, and then got 1000 screens for a week before Catching Fire took over.

Just noticed that the audience meter on rottentomatoes says 95% liked CATWS and rated it 4.5/5.

That seems almost ludicrously high.

Star Trek Into Darkness. 90% and 4.3/5, and this is a year after release.

Just noticed that the audience meter on rottentomatoes says 95% liked CATWS and rated it 4.5/5.

That seems almost ludicrously high.

It will probably go down slightly over the weeks and months ahead, but it's an amazing score so far.  In comparison TDK 94%, 4.4/5 and Avengers 91%, 4.4/5 ... so it's in great territory right now.

It will probably go down slightly over the weeks and months ahead, but it's an amazing score so far.  In comparison TDK 94%, 4.4/5 and Avengers 91%, 4.4/5 ... so it's in great territory right now.

Too early to compare with those movies. Vote totals:

TDK - 1,779,762

TA - 1,084,976

CA2 - 159,478

Long way to go.

Box Office Mojo ‏@boxofficemojo  · 7m 'Captain America' opened to $39.2 million in China, which is the best debut yet for a Marvel movie

Clearly they are not counting IM3 as a Marvel movie.

What was IM3"s China opening?

$64m

"...Captain America opened to $39.2 million in China, which is Disney's biggest three-day opening ever there (Iron Man 3 earned $64.5 million over five days)..."

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3815&p=.htm

:sherlock:

Edited by a2knet