Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

Someone is feeling bad, because it's realizing that Batman is again the most popular superhero in the worldAnd don't come with the avengers heroes, because any of their SOLO films have passed the 650 WW

In my opinion, both of my favorite heroes are the most popular ones. So I don't know what you are talking about. I don't like TDKR, but I do love Batman. I wouldn't been considering to get tattoos from both of them if I didn't.

Jack TASM is a brand name yes it is a reboot but if Potter was rebooted and made 500m OS it would be a failure. Why because Potter is huge OS.

Really bad comparison. If Batman reboot or MoS make $500m OS it's a success, just like TASM is doing. But hey, loonies will be loonies. At least I'm not partial. Edited by Chris O Donnell

Really bad comparison. If Batman reboot or MoS make $500m OS it's a success, just like TASM is doing. But hey, loonies will be loonies. At least I'm not partial.

Now you say that Batman making 500m is a success?

Really bad comparison. If Batman reboot or MoS make $500m OS it's a success, just like TASM is doing. But hey, loonies will be loonies. At least I'm not partial.

If TDKR would done 400m OS it would been bad.Bad comparison to compare TASM and MOS. Spider Man is the most popular superhero OS.

If TDKR would done 400m OS it would been bad.Bad comparison to compare TASM and MOS. Spider Man is the most popular superhero OS.

Spider-Man, Batman and Superman are three of the most popular heroes ever. Not expecting that either MoS or Batman to get where TASM is getting is lowballing them.

Spider-Man, Batman and Superman are three of the most popular heroes ever. Not expecting that either MoS or Batman to get where TASM is getting is lowballing them.

No it isn't. Look at the historical performance of the films overseas. Batman didn't blow up until 2008. Superman has never blown up. Spider-Man has been huge overseas since its very first film in 2002. It is clearly the more popular character in those markets.
  • Like 1

Batman and Spider-Man are definitely the most popular heroes in the states, but definitely not Superman. While his invincibility was adored back in the 1950s, it rings cold and hollow for this generation.

TASM 3rd weekend: $386mTDKR 3rd weekend: $378mHow is that for a meltdown? :lol:

Nice spin since TASM had an extra week to attain that gross. That is actually really bad for TASM since TDKR will pass it by end of next weekend. Edited by JackO

No it isn't. Look at the historical performance of the films overseas. Batman didn't blow up until 2008. Superman has never blown up. Spider-Man has been huge overseas since its very first film in 2002. It is clearly the more popular character in those markets.

I strongly disagree. And I trust their reboots to prove me right. They'll behave similar to TASM both in DOM and OS markets, probably topping each other.