Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

And what if TDKR doesn't get to $700m? How would you feel? It's still a success, and it doesn't need to get there to prove it.

It wouldn't matter much to me because we are only talking the difference between 1B or 1.2B.

Not meeting expectations doesn't mean the film is not doing well. We underestimated the reboot factor therefore ASM will make a lot less than what a lot was predicting but overall ASM is well received and making a solid amount of money

Expectations for TDKR were crazy DOM, but they aren't anymore. The problem is that expectations for TDKR OS are still crazy, and I have a feeling that $700m OS is gone. Will this make TDKR run a failure, boring or mediocre in the OS markets? I don't think so.

Hard to call it solid? Why? It's going to make a decent amount of money considering the reboot factor and TDKR competition. It's solid no matter which way you spin it

Those are facts. You can not like facts all you want but it doesn't change em. It is doing even worse in estimated tickets sold.

Those are facts. You can not like facts all you want but it doesn't change em. It is doing even worse in estimated tickets sold.

Lol. What the hell are you talking about? It is a fact it is the lowest grossing of the series but it is still a decent if not amazing performance considering the reboot factor and competition from Rises. This series is in a good position right now for the sequel
  • Like 1

They do have the video game rights? That's good. Would suck if they put all that money into making the movie and then Marvel just sits there collecting all the ancillary profits. It's like this shit in China with the studios only getting 25% of the revenue. Such a crock of crap.

They have the rights for the games, that I'm sure of. It's not clear to me how the rights for the tie in products work though. I assume that the tie in products like food chains, tie in propaganda and what not goes to cover the marketing costs, but the toys are all Marvel.

I don't think so, I think some perspective in the end will show how much people twisted TASM's numbers to something less impressive than it is. But I'm done, I don't want to start flame wars here, it's just that TDKR, a finale to an acclaimed series, it's behaving closely to TASM than I believe a lot of people here won't like to admit.

So says the guy who said 400M was pretty much locked and that 550M domestic was the high end of what it could do. I have posts that have the link to your post and that quote that post. You don't deserve victory because you can't accept loss. Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

Expectations for TDKR were crazy DOM, but they aren't anymore. The problem is that expectations for TDKR OS are still crazy, and I have a feeling that $700m OS is gone. Will this make TDKR run a failure, boring or mediocre in the OS markets? I don't think so.

TDKR > TASM OS gross. That is all that matters. Only me and Totem that I remember had that call. TDKR is going to gross 1B WW. Everything els eis gravy.

Lol. What the hell are you talking about? It is a fact it is the lowest grossing of the series but it is still a decent if not amazing performance considering the reboot factor and competition from Rises. This series is in a good position right now for the sequel

nk Title (click to view) Studio Est. Tickets / Theaters Opening / Theaters Date 1 Spider-Man Sony 69,484,700 3,876 19,766,600 3,615 5/3/02 2 Spider-Man 2 Sony 60,158,700 4,166 14,195,800 4,152 6/30/04 3 Spider-Man 3 Sony 48,914,300 4,324 21,964,600 4,252 5/4/07 4 The Amazing Spider-Man Sony 30,867,000 4,318 7,636,000 4,318 7/3/12

nk Title (click to view) Studio Est. Tickets / Theaters Opening / Theaters Date 1 Spider-Man Sony 69,484,700 3,876 19,766,600 3,615 5/3/02 2 Spider-Man 2 Sony 60,158,700 4,166 14,195,800 4,152 6/30/04 3 Spider-Man 3 Sony 48,914,300 4,324 21,964,600 4,252 5/4/07 4 The Amazing Spider-Man Sony 30,867,000 4,318 7,636,000 4,318 7/3/12

I really didn't knew the drop in tickets was that big. Europe isn't helping either. Edited by CJohn

aStill has a solid chance to beat SM2.

My second favorite Spider-Man film and before The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man, Batman Begins and SM2 shared the first spot for best CBM for me. Now that TA and TASM are around, SM2 lost the tie with BB for me but it's stil among my top four favorites.

TDKR > TASM OS gross. That is all that matters. Only me and Totem that I remember had that call. TDKR is going to gross 1B WW. Everything els eis gravy.

Not true right now. And the fact that we are in the third weekend of TDKR and the gross at time are still similar, it's a testament to how huge TASM run is, regardless how much you spin it.

They have the rights for the games, that I'm sure of. It's not clear to me how the rights for the tie in products work though. I assume that the tie in products like food chains, tie in propaganda and what not goes to cover the marketing costs, but the toys are all Marvel.

The whole video game situation is pretty hairy. I'm pretty sure that Sony retains some fee for the video games, but Activision develops and publishes the game. Not sure what kind of split Sony receives.

I keep hearing about this solid WOM but how great it is doing but ticket sales show a different story. TDKR is already 3rd highest of brand.

Ah still pushing the idea ASM is a failure and is receiving poor WOM huh? No surprise there since you are no different at all from iJack, just on the other side of the spectrum

The facts are this. The Dark Knight Rises is a huge worldwide hit. ASM is a solid performer and has set the stage for a bigger sequel

Doubtful. Flixster ratings much worse then Batman Begins.BB - 90% 3.9/5 969,00 votesTASM - 81% 4/5 479,00 votesTASM is going to fall even further.IMDBBB - 8.3, 439,000 votesTASM - 7.6, 97,000 votesSolid? Edited by JackO