Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

But that is the point. Not everyone liked the film that watched it. Ted has a 7 on Meta Critic User Scores. Not everyone is a Seth Macfarlane fan?

Well of course not everyone liked the film that watched it, that doesn't mean it's got an overall average reception.

Well of course not everyone liked the film that watched it, that doesn't mean it's got an overall average reception.

Okay, but Ted and TASM are incomparable since one is surpassing expectations and the other won't meet even the "haters" expectations.

Sounds more like superfluous bullshit to me. And you sure are arguing hard for a film you allegedly dont even care about. :rolleyes:

I'm free to argue about whatever I want. I think my post history speaks for itself, I've been a TDKR supporter pretty much since I've joined. That's what most of my post count represents, I've seen the film three times, and I'm a Nolan fan in general. It doesn't mean I'm not going to speak about something I don't find to be true. Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

I'm free to argue about whatever I want. I think my post history speaks for itself, I've been a TDKR supporter pretty much since I've joined. That's what most of my post count represents, I've seen the film three times, and I'm a Nolan fan in general. It doesn't mean I'm immune to speaking about something I don't find to be true.

Well so far, you haven't really proven anything I said to be false other then taking exception to the word I am using to describe TASM's run by using a similar word.

Okay, but Ted and TASM are incomparable since one is surpassing expectations and the other won't meet even the "haters" expectations.

And sure I can agree with this point to some degree. I think we all underestimated some factors and overestimated others, myself included. But its total gross isn't going to be something to sneeze at. It will get its sequel, and we move on. We'll see how that one goes.

And sure I can agree with this point to some degree. I think we all underestimated some factors and overestimated others, myself included. But its total gross isn't going to be something to sneeze at. It will get its sequel, and we move on. We'll see how that one goes.

It was going to get it's sequel no matter what. And it's total gross is sneeze worthy when some where expecting 1B WW.

so ASM is the only film ever that people have ever over predicted in some way uh?

Usually when people over predict, they admit they are wrong and move on. But with you TASM loonies, someone says something that doesn't fit your POV, and you go crazy.

according to JackO's logic, here are the grades for the following filmsSuperman (1978) - 7.3. - CX-Men (2000) - 7.4. - CX2 (2003) - 7.6. - CSpider-Man (2002) - 7.4. - CSpider-Man 2 (2004) - 7.5. - CThor (2011- 7.0. - C-Captain America (2011) - 6.9 - D+

Edited by John Marston

Well so far, you haven't really proven anything I said to be false other then taking exception to the word I am using to describe TASM's run by using a similar word.

Well duh, we're evaluating a number that is subject to interpretation, so it isn't really factual by nature, unless someone wants to go find the average mean IMDB score by compiling the scores for every film, because then by definition, that would be the average, and if it's lower than 7.6, then TASM is above average.I'm not that invested. Edited by MrPink

Usually when people over predict, they admit they are wrong and move on. But with you TASM loonies, someone says something that doesn't fit your POV, and you go crazy.

ah. projection much? I have admitted I was wrong in underestimating the reboot effect but that doesn't change the fact that ASM is still decent, the reaction to the film is overall positive, and has set up this series well

I'm free to argue about whatever I want. I think my post history speaks for itself, I've been a TDKR supporter pretty much since I've joined. That's what most of my post count represents, I've seen the film three times, and I'm a Nolan fan in general. It doesn't mean I'm not going to speak about something I don't find to be true.

Thank you for keeping it real, mate. And that was my point all along this afternoon. I'm by no means the same kind of loonie that JackO is, I don't like TDKR but I understand others do, and that for a third film in a trilogy, having more people liking it than it doesn't that's quite an accomplishment. I don't mean to say that TDKR's run in the foreign markets are bad, my point is to prove that TASM's box office run is as much impressive than TDKR is, especially because it's a reboot. Also, I repeat: TA skewed everyone's expectations. Not even TA enjoyed much more than $800m OS, movies that are able to cross $500m in the foreign markets are behaving like blockbusters IMHO. TA, TASM and TDKR have fans, and I don't believe in neither of ratings. I feel that The Prestige is a way better film than all Nolan films and deserved to have a 95% score on RT, but it doesn't. TDKR and TASM both have 75% score among RT, but I still feel that TASM is a better film. You can't objectively call films like this as better or worse, it is entirely subjective in my opinion.With that said, all results are good for the genre. TA will push Warner to try harder and make Disney and Marvel try the impossible and outmatch themselves. TASM will help the studios understand that once you have a passionate and clear vision of this characters, a reboot is not only necessary, but welcomed by the general audience. TDKR proves that giving the director liberty to accomplish their vision pays off, and while you can't please everyone, it's still pleasing most of the fans, which is something not a single CBM did in the past. We all won. It's loonies like JackO that make it harder to celebrate.

ah. projection much? I have admitted I was wrong in underestimating the reboot effect but that doesn't change the fact that ASM is still decent, the reaction to the film is overall positive, and has set up this series well

All that is debatable. It is not a Batman Begins level stage setter. it has a plethora of issues that even the Sony CEO admitted too. The director may not even be back for the sequel. Your rose colored glasses view of this film is delusional with all the information out here known about this film.

I have admitted that I was wrong, I have moved on and I'm more than happy for the numbers that TASM is making. Are you sure that are "the loonies haven't moved on"? Are you sure that aren't you having a meltdown here?