Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

yes, the fact is TDKR is a huge hit and ASM is a decent sized hit. Those are the facts. Unfortunately many are desperate to portray ASM as some kind of negatively received failure. Very pathetic

Yeah, I don't get it. Both of them are doing more than great.The predictions were higher than it should've been but we can blame that to TA for GREATLY EXCEEDING everyone's predictions. That gave people the wrong standard for what to expect.No matter how we look at it, both of them are hits.

MetaCritic gave TDK a 82 and labeled it "Universal Acclaim," which means that their grading system is very harsh. ASM has a 66 on there and is labeled "Generally favorable reviews." That is in no way average or poor by any means.

Metacritic:

Batman Begins (2005) 3.5/5 70/100, with 30 positive reviews and 11 mixed

The Prestige (2006) 3.5/5 66/100, with 26 positive reviews, 9 mixed and 1 negative

The Avengers (2012) 3.5/5 69/100, with 32 positive reviews, 10 mixed and 1 negative

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) 3.5/5 66/100, with 29 positive reviews, 11 mixed and 2 negative

We are talking about favorite films of a lot of people here. We are talking about films that I'll defend to death because they are among my favorite films of all time. So tell me how this is an average reception again.

One thing is fact, SM is not a success. You need to be a brainless loonie to ignore the facts. It's not a flop by any means, but for the most popular SH to finish so behind of Batman and Avengers and drop such a huge admission from SM3 is clearly not a success story.It's doing well OS, but still hasn't passed SM3 and it has 3D. As a matter of fact the loonies sing one pathetic song all along, that it's not bad for a reboot. That's true. But who the hell asked for the reboot, hah? A reboot is needed when a franchise is dead. SM peaked with SM3, so from the #1 comic hero to become the second fiddle or Batman and IM is sad.TASM hasn't even made net profit yet, so whoever says that it's a success needs immediate help.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 1

:rotfl: People are posting reviews for word of mouth? :rofl: :rofl:

Posted Image

And you're citing Internet ratings to prove WOM? Do you want me to compare the Internet ratings of Batman Begins and Curse of the Black Pearl? The two films opened very similarly at the box office (around $70m 5-day openings), yet Pirates made $100m more because its legs were a hell of a lot stronger. It also ended up selling a lot more DVD's than BB. COTBP clearly had better WOM, yet you won't find it when you look at the IMDB, MetaCritic, or Flixster user ratings.
  • Like 1

And you're citing Internet ratings to prove WOM? Do you want me to compare the Internet ratings of Batman Begins and Curse of the Black Pearl? The two films opened very similarly at the box office (around $70m 5-day openings), yet Pirates made $100m more because its legs were a hell of a lot stronger. It also ended up selling a lot more DVD's than BB. COTBP clearly had better WOM, yet you won't find it when you look at the IMDB, MetaCritic, or Flixster user ratings.

Johnny Depp was nominated for an Oscar. You can find the word of mouth there.

One thing is fact, SM is not a success. You need to be a brainless loonie to ignore the facts. It's not a flop by any means, but for the most popular SH to finish so behind of Batman and Avengers and drop such a huge admission from SM3 is clearly not a success story.It's doing well OS, but still hasn't passed SM3 and it has 3D. As a matter of fact the loonies sing one pathetic songs all along, that it's not bad for a reboot. That's true. But who the hell asked for the reboot, hah? A reboot is needed when a franchise is dead. SM peaked with SM3, so from the #1 comic hero to become the second fiddle or Batman and IM is sad.TASM hasn't even made net profit yet, so whoever says that it's a success needs immediate help.

Yes it is a decent sized sucess. Is it a huge Dark Knight level success? No it is not and nobody is saying that. But overall it has made a decent amount of money and the series is in a good position to continue. It is not a huge hit but it is a decent sized one.JackO likes this. LOL no surprise there!! Edited by John Marston

Guys, stop this Bullshit. JackO's trolling, why the freaking hell are you falling for his bait. Let him argue with himself, about TASM's WOM.

yeah I wonder if he is trolling or actually being serious. But I remember the last time something like this happened, it was revealed in the end it looked like he was flat out trolling