Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Dragon. I want comps to a Yankee game! I can hook you up with Opera tickets!:)

Man I wish . They are so strict. I mean you can't even bring spring Poland water because if they see you with it they will think you stole for the stadium.

Man I wish . They are so strict. I mean you can't even bring spring Poland water because if they see you with it they will think you stole for the stadium.

That sucks. I may need a new job soon! Our union at the Met Opera may get locked out this August. :(

Not kidding though; I'm enjoying my free month of EPIX. I did miss Pain and Gain earlier tonight though :(

They don't even offer EPIX as a channel with AT&T U-Verse. I hate all the cable companies here.

When I watched Much Ado About Nothing on Wednesday, I quoted all of Don Pedro's lines along with the actor

(that one was one of my best shows okay its totally normal for me to relive my last fall play memories)

BTW am I the only one shocked with how well Rio 2 seems to be doing?? The first one wasn't very good and to me didn't have the hype for a sequel. If those numbers stay like that Rio 2 will actually outdo Rio 1 on its first day. 

Could have worse legs though.

Edited by Fancyarcher

They don't even offer EPIX as a channel with AT&T U-Verse. I hate all the cable companies here.

I have TWC and they are ridiculously expensive. Every three months or so I have to call and threaten to change to Direct TV and then they give me a lower deal temporarily. I want to try ATT U-Verse. 

I have TWC and they are ridiculously expensive. Every three months or so I have to call and threaten to change to Direct TV and then they give me a lower deal temporarily. I want to try ATT U-Verse. 

I think U-Verse is terrible. The internet is awful, I pay 45 dollars and it nets me 6mbps internet, half the speed of pretty much all the competitors here, and the HD quality is terrible. Tons of compression artifacts. No idea how TWC compares. I used to have Cox in Nebraska, and while their HD selection left a bit to be desired, they were generally pretty good.

Edited by MrPink

I think U-Verse is terrible. The internet is awful, I pay 45 dollars and it nets me 6mbps internet, half the speed of pretty much all the competitors here, and the HD quality is terrible. Tons of compression artifacts. No idea how TWC compares. I used to have Cox in Nebraska, and while their HD selection left a bit to be desired, they were generally pretty good.

I have Optimum Cablevision here in Brooklyn. You get Phone + Internet + Cable TV for $99 a month for an entire year!(first year)Then you pay $280 a month after that like I do. Edited by #ED

U-Verse has worked well for me (So. Cal) but I am horrible at judging HD quality.  TWC was much worse and Direct didn't have some of the channels I wanted but otherwise was the best of the 3.

I'm not sure about the HD. I heard somewhere that cable companies don't broadcast in the full 1080p. And I do have some handshake issues when I switch from HD to standard. The sports channels such as ESPN look good in HD. That's all I know. 

Now the cable internet. That's a different story. It is superfast.

I have Optimum Cablevision here in Brooklyn.You get Phone + Internet + Cable TV for $99 a month for an entire year!Then you pay $280 a month after that like I do.

The trick is to change companies every year or at least get an estimate... when we talked to the U-Verse guys, Direct offered to halve our bill with some "new" offer

The trick is to change companies every year or at least get an estimate... when we talked to the U-Verse guys, Direct offered to halve our bill with some "new" offer

I have done that plenty of times that this company doesn't allow it anymore for me.They're also the only cable provider in my area.

Or just call the company and ask for the retention department. They'll work something out.

I'm that person who feels guilty for trying to blackmail the cable companies for lowering my bill, despite the fact that they're gouging me.

I don't have the ability to peg the blame on that poor customer service rep.

• Like 1

Or just call the company and ask for the retention department. They'll work something out.

It's kinda hard to pull off. I have the "Gold Package for TV, Internet and Phone" I essentially say I want to keep all the channels but I want a discount. The first thing they say is to get a cheaper plan.The Silver package has no HBO! Il choke a bitch if I miss GOT on Sundays,

I'm that person who feels guilty for trying to blackmail the cable companies for lowering my bill, despite the fact that they're gouging me.

I don't have the ability to peg the blame on that poor customer service rep.

That's where you go wrong. You don't talk to the customer service rep. You ask for the retention department. They have a whole department dedicated to retaining customers. They will ask you "What can we do to keep you as a customer?"

I do the same thing with Sirius XM every year.

• Like 1