Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

It's kind of annoying how every mid-afternoon Friday we get a wildly early and inaccurate figure, and then nothing but guesstimates until like 2 AM when Deadline/Nikki/Rth finally give us some "real" estimates/projections.

What happened to getting some roughly more accurate numbers at like 9pm or 11pm??

• Like 1

The first. I imaging after the third (which I thought was slightly better than the second), the sequels will just get worse and worse.

The only reason the third is worth watching is for Simon Pegg's loony voice-over performance

• Like 2

Who is pro and who is anti?

I could never have an argument about such things.

It would be I hate Dutch Angles like in Thor 1..

Friends: Loki was so cool in Thor 1

End of discussion about Dutch Angles

Who is pro and who is anti?

He's for them; I'm against them. My opinion on dutch angles are that they generally look cheap nowadays, and always come off as lazy filmmaking in you see them in a modern blockbuster or drama. They're fine in older movies, but the chief example I use on them being awful is, well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7cF6vMfhR4

The cinematography in Avengers is in general mediocre... but that shot of Thor with the dutch angle is just atrocious. The only big director nowadays who can make it work is Raimi IMO, and that's because he knows the shortcomings of the angle.

(Funnily enough, my friend's main argument FOR dutch angles also comes from a Whedon movie...)

He's for them; I'm against them. My opinion on dutch angles are that they generally look cheap nowadays, and always come off as lazy filmmaking in you see them in a modern blockbuster or drama. They're fine in older movies, but the chief example I use on them being awful is, well... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7cF6vMfhR4 The cinematography in Avengers is in general mediocre... but that shot of Thor with the dutch angle is just atrocious. The only big director nowadays who can make it work is Raimi IMO, and that's because he knows the shortcomings of the angle. (Funnily enough, my friend's main argument FOR dutch angles also comes from a Whedon movie...)

Dutch angles are like any technique, though. Use 'em to get the effect you want when you need to: to emphasize the height (or lack of height) between people or objects or to throw the audience off-kilter.

Nolanites quoting Marvel movies, lol.

Nothing wrong with quoting Marvel films, Iron Man 2 is one of my favorite movies to quote.

Ranking time!

Marvel Studios - 6.5/10 Average ----> Higher than DC average! :o :o :o

Iron Man - 8/10

The Incredible Hulk - 6/10

Iron Man 2 - 5/10

Thor - 7/10

Captain America: The First Avenger - 5/10

The Avengers - 7.5/10

Iron Man 3 - 6/10

Thor: The Dark World - 6/10

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 8/10

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with quoting Marvel films, Iron Man 2 is one of my favorite movies to quote.

Ranking time!

Marvel Studios - 6.5/10 Average ----> Higher than DC average! :o :o :o

Iron Man - 8/10

The Incredible Hulk - 6/10

Iron Man 2 - 5/10

Thor - 7/10

Captain America: The First Avenger - 5/10

The Avengers - 7.5/10

Iron Man 3 - 6/10

Thor: The Dark World - 6/10

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 8/10

:rolleyes: