Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Dutch angles are like any technique, though. Use 'em to get the effect you want when you need to: to emphasize the height (or lack of height) between people or objects or to throw the audience off-kilter.

That's very true, but nowadays, I find them often misused to the point where I'm either thinking the shot could've been better done with more cinematic flair or I just laugh the sheer awkwardness of the shot. I mean, I remember around when TDKR came out, I watched Batman 1966 and DEAR LORD the dutch angles in that are atrocious

:rolleyes:

Oh it's all in good fun.

Really, I don't mind Marvel films at all, and I'm not unable to recognize the faults of Nolan's films contrary to belief, particularly his blockbusters.

That's very true, but nowadays, I find them often misused to the point where I'm either thinking the shot could've been better done with more cinematic flair or I just laugh the sheer awkwardness of the shot. I mean, I remember around when TDKR came out, I watched Batman 1966 and DEAR LORD the dutch angles in that are atrocious

...you ever watch Battlefield Earth?

• Like 3

Oh it's all in good fun.

Really, I don't mind Marvel films at all, and I'm not unable to recognize the faults of Nolan's films contrary to belief, particularly his blockbusters.

Those lists though, lol.

...you ever watch Battlefield Earth?

PLEASE NO

Well shit, that's the whole point of that movie. :lol:

They did add some enjoyment to the overall cheesy atmosphere :P

On a random other note related to Whedon, I saw Much Ado earlier this week, and I quite enjoyed it... despite the fact that Don Pedro would've much better if he was played me  :ph34r:

Come on, people! My girlfriend's at work, the Yankees are losing and it's a boring mid-April weekend! Let's get this party started! EDIT: Hail Nolan.

Ugh I work at Yankee stadium. Tomorrow is going to be crazy. It's fucking sold out.
  • Like 2

Ugh I work at Yankee stadium. Tomorrow is going to be crazy. It's fucking sold out.

Awesome! I love the Yankees. I hate the Bronx though. I've been to it like 7 times in my life. 6 times were Yankee games.
  • Like 3

PLEASE NO

They did add some enjoyment to the overall cheesy atmosphere :P

On a random other note related to Whedon, I saw Much Ado earlier this week, and I quite enjoyed it... despite the fact that Don Pedro would've much better if he was played me  :ph34r:

Please yes. Time to stop worrying and love the dutch angle.

Posted Image

Edited by MrPink

Blank, you should watch Do The Right Thing, which actually has a pretty cool use of Dutch angles. That, and it's an amazing movie.

The Avengers, Iron Man, and The Winter Soldier are all on par with Batman Begins, they may even be better.

• Like 1

I feel for you, but that's awesome! Haven't been to the new stadium yet! Shameful considering I've got a $75 Yankee tattoo on my wrist. I've gotta get there this summer.