Neo

Overlord | October 26, 2018

34 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Blair Witch 2.0? I could definitely see it going that way box office-wise. 

Critics wise its 90% after 40 reviews, reception may be closer to Bad Times at the El Royal by boxoffice and critical reception. BW 2.0 got a 20 m ow. Overlord will be luck to do over double digits

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

I've just watched this one. It's a mess, a very weird ( though fun ) mess.  The tone is all over the place.

It tries to be a lot of things, it's crazy. The theater was almost empty, by the way. Not even 10 people seeing this flick.  2 people left the theater after 1 hour of movie. 

Not sure how general audiences will react to this one. It's definitely not for everyone. We don't have a CinemaScore here, but I guess this flick might get a B- / C+ CinemaScore if it gets pooled. 

My wife hated it, I enjoyed it. Everyone else just stayed quiet during the movie. 

Man, this is going to bomb hard. I can't wait to see it in an empty theater. No, seriously. This will be like that time I saw Stir of Echoes and Dredd. Bad timing and little marketing. Almost no one in the theater, but I had a blast either way.

Edited by ThePhasmid

what happened???  

must have been the zombie concept.

good pre-sales, previews, reviews + JJ Abrams producing promise...

WW2 behind enemy lines mission + starpower

still a hot concept the days up to release

I think what went wrong was the opening day headlines..... 'ZOMBIE FILM!"  

You get this JJ Abrams WW2 movie on the radar and finally when we are here the advertising casually says 'oh this is a zombie movie'.....  something to get people to swing away from initial interest.  They should have hid it more so the zombie thing could have carried with potential WOM

Remember when Lake Placid was a mystery and the days leading up to opening they previewed it as an old fashioned croc' pic because the marketing got soo wild they had to  do it all in the end and only got 10M OW?  Serenity 10M OW too.

Edited by gravestonedt

Much better crafted than I expected, and totally fun.

I thought the "war" part of the movie was quite well done, with great tension and pacing, and I thought they did a nice job with the characterizations. The "zombie" part, which I expected to be the truly awesome climax that ramped it all up to 11, was instead underwhelming and brought the whole thing down.

The movie was 2/3 cult-classic legend and 1/3 blah and forgettable. It was all set to be an instant classic, but fell apart within sight of the finish line. I both loved it and was disappointed by it at the same time.

Edited by Wrath

On 11/10/2018 at 10:47 PM, OdinSon2k14 said:

Not what I was expecting 🙂...the trailers promised 50% WWI, 50% zombie apocalypse. 

Its truly

Hide contents

5% zombie apocalypse. Oh well. A huge chunk of the movie is spent hiding out inside a French citizens house.

Yeah, if people were expecting something like Frankenstein's Army, this is not.  Frankenstein's Army is the movie if you're expecting more horror and insane stuff.