Fancyarcher

Weekend #'s April 18-20 Cap2: 26.2 Rio 22.5 Heaven 21.5 Trans 11.1 pg32

Honestly I'm expecting 18.5-19 million next weekend since it has fantastic WOM and everyone's going to want to see it before Spidey 2. Rio 2 should get 16-17 million next weekend.

The Other Woman could make anywhere between $12-22 million next week. I'd say Cap 2 will pull off another victory 

You're expecting to drop 30% next weekend?  Not a chance imo.

It's possible.  Olympus Has Fallen dropped 28.2% the w/e after Easter 2013.  Hunger Games (36.3%) the w/e after Easter 2012

Sure, I know the history of the weekend after Easter, but 30% is too low imo.  I think 35-40% is more likely.

Glad to see that Rio 2 finally came back to reality with the official Friday number.  I was shocked when I saw the 11 million projection last night.

I think RT scores do matter somewhat if the rating is below 25% and the movie is not an Adam Sandler or Michael Bay project.  Transcendence really took a beating on RT and Flixster. 

Captain America 2: 9.57Bears 2.31

A little lower than last night but still better than my expectation so all is good. :). Up 122% despite inflated Thursday and running above most jumps on comparable Easter Friday in 2012
  • Like 1

So looking at Easter's past, probably meaning 21m-25m for Cap? Possibly (but not likely) more than that?

That's a hell of a range.

Probably count on it making at least 24 mill.

Draft Day is going to have a strong hold as well.  It's the best movie of the year so far for me, I hope it hangs on and does respectable business.

• Like 1

So looking at Easter's past, probably meaning 21m-25m for Cap? Possibly (but not likely) more than that?

If I had to guess it'll be flat to slightly down today and maybe 40-45% drop Sunday. 24-25M. It definitely has a shot at 200 by Sunday.

• Founder / Operator

Feeling bad for Rebecca Hall. Most reviews say she was very good in it.

I'd agree. Very minor spoiler:

She and Bettany carried the narrative

, IMHO.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2