14 hours ago, Breakspear said:

None that I know of.

I've seen twice now at the Queen St IMAX and reception from the audience was fantastic. There was clapping when the movie started, cheering during the film (which is really rare here), and lots of positive talk (that I could hear) during the credits and after. 

Did you go to the first showing there as well? That was such a great time, since it was the first you know we were all MCU nerds so people reacted to everything and the atmosphere was amazing. When people clapped at a certain person's first entrance I was surprised since it really isn't something we do here, but of course joined in because it was so fun.

On 26/04/2018 at 6:03 PM, aabattery said:

Ran some theoretical numbers for the weekend and dare I say there is an outside shot of this getting over 3M for 4-day weekend. Might be screwing up some math there but that'd be a remarkable performance. 2nd highest OW of all-time despite burning off a ton of demand on Wednesday. Massive 50% increase over the first Avengers as well.

Yep probably more like 4, 3rd day Fri was biggest Fri beating TFA

• Like 3
  • Astonished 4

1 minute ago, Rthanos said:

Yep probably more like 4, 3rd day Fri was biggest Fri beating TFA

God damn. One of my scenarios was 4m but it seemed a little too crazy to be true. Absolutely bonkers performance.

Near 100% increase on TA1's 4-day.

59 minutes ago, aabattery said:

God damn. One of my scenarios was 4m but it seemed a little too crazy to be true. Absolutely bonkers performance.

Near 100% increase on TA1's 4-day.

:ohmygod:       

Avengers finished with 8.8, right? I assume IW will have worse legs, but how much worse?

All MCU movies at the NZ box office:

The Avengers - 8,820,927

Black Panther - 7,239,656+

Thor: Ragnarok - 7,068,625

Avengers: Age of Ultron - 6,887,949

Iron Man 3 - 6,731,701

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - 5,383,444

Avengers: Infinity War - 5,200,000 for the 5-day?

Captain America: Civil War - 4,873,199

Guardians of the Galaxy - 4,560,891

Iron Man 2 - 3,920,504

Spider-Man: Homecoming - 3,693,176

Iron Man - 3,512,315

Thor: The Dark World - 3,419,842

Doctor Strange - 3,238,032

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 3,209,525

Ant-Man - 2,813,920

Thor - 2,327,826

Captain America: The First Avenger - 1,728,139

The Incredible Hulk - 1,153,068

Multi's off the 4-day for the other April/May openers are 4.23x (TA), 2.62x (IM3), 2.35x (AOU), 3.25x (TWS), 2.44x (CA:CW) and 3.28x (GOTG2). I was naughty and used BOM for these but should be approximately correct.

So, assuming a 4M 4-day, if it follows the worst of these, it would end up over 9M LC. Don't wanna count any chickens before they hatch and stuff but it has a strong chance of becoming the highest grossing MCU film here. @Sliver Legion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamora said:

Did you go to the first showing there as well? That was such a great time, since it was the first you know we were all MCU nerds so people reacted to everything and the atmosphere was amazing. When people clapped at a certain person's first entrance I was surprised since it really isn't something we do here, but of course joined in because it was so fun.

Yes, I was at the one! I was the first one in line and in the theatre too (I'm nuts). It was a fantastic atmosphere, probably my favourite movie-going experience. 

11 minutes ago, Breakspear said:

Yes, I was at the one! I was the first one in line and in the theatre too (I'm nuts). It was a fantastic atmosphere, probably my favourite movie-going experience. 

Nice. :D For stupid reasons I won't get into I had bad seats for this because I didn't buy them until like 5 days after they came out and I realised they weren't doing previews, so that really sucked. But of course I had to go to the first showing come hell or high water and it was so worth it. It was definitely up there with my best movie-going experiences as well, people were so into it that I missed several follow up lines because of all the laughter and the feel of it was just so great in general, you could tell everyone was there to have a good time and it delivered in spades.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

Saturday record might be in play

So almost matched it on Thursday, beat it on Friday and might beat it on Sat? Any chance at the OW record?

edit: nvm the dates confused me. Forgot about TFA's big OD. 4M looking real good with these numbers though.

Moments like these I wish I knew what these records are :lol:

Going off TLJ I'm gonna guess it would be around 1M? Crazy good number. I knew this thing was gonna be big but man it's flying past even my highest expectations.

Noice. I wonder how well this is doing in IMAX because I've been keeping an eye on the sessions since I wanted to see it again, but the weekend had all the even halfway decent seats booked before I even had a chance to contemplate it. And I know all four of the opening day sessions were essentially sold out so it's gotta be doing well there.

I'm excited for the final numbers for the weekend that's for sure. :D

8 hours ago, Gamora said:

Noice. I wonder how well this is doing in IMAX because I've been keeping an eye on the sessions since I wanted to see it again, but the weekend had all the even halfway decent seats booked before I even had a chance to contemplate it. And I know all four of the opening day sessions were essentially sold out so it's gotta be doing well there.

I'm excited for the final numbers for the weekend that's for sure. :D

Don't think any IMAX showing has been less than like 90% full. Crazy stuff. I think the film will definitely set IMAX records around the world. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Gotta imagine Sunday was bonkers as well. Went to Reading today and the line in the lobby was just about out the door.

I went there last night and it was the same thing. I was running late for the 6pm Titan XC session (got there about 6:07) and was greeted with a huge line nearly out the door so panicked a bit about getting in before it started. Then I looked on the screen displaying the showings to see that they'd pushed it back to 6:15pm start time so I had plenty of time to spare.

• Like 2