CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

225-235M is more like it...........It's not going to have the same legs as IM3. That movie almost doubled OW of this.

There's no reason for it to go over 2.4x with what is sure to be mixed WOM at best and more importantly all the competition this month (Godzilla, X-Men, Maleficent are 200m+ players and Neighbors and A Million Ways are 100m+ players).

• Like 2

Just look at CA2. It had nearly a whole month to itself to gross and what most concede was good to great WOM, and will still only end up with around a 2.65x multi. TASM opened nearly the same, so again I say no way over 2.4x with way more competition and much worse WOM than CA2.

• Like 5

CA2's was 40% so around the same as that. That's pretty typical for live action films today, while animation tends to be more around 30%.

Didn't know Cap's was that high.

Didn't know Cap's was that high.

Sad thing is that's not even that high. I remember when all the big 3d movies were clearing 50% OW shares with ease.  Most of the 2010 ones were over 60% if memory serves. That never happens now.

Sad thing is that's not even that high. I remember when all the big 3d movies were clearing 50% OW shares with ease.  Most of the 2010 ones were over 60% if memory serves. That never happens now.

Thank God for that.

• Like 4

Thank God for that.

I would think the 3d downtrend would make studios sit up and say "hey not everything needs to be in 3d, and if it is it should be worthwhile." But unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.  We have just as many 3d releases as ever.

• Like 1