CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

I like all the PotC films. Viewing AWE opening weekends with all my friends remains one of the best movie experiences I've ever had.

Best movie experience I've ever had 5 years ago. My buddies came round and we watched the Power Rangers movie high as a kite. Ate pizzas, laughed, discussed political issued we had no knowledge ofIt was a good time. Edited by AJG

The Paul Giamatti bookends brought a nice levity to the proceedings.

But all the stuff with Peter's parents needed to have been in the first film so this film could have been a deeper penetration into the OsCorp mythology they clearly want to make the Garfield Spidey about.

• Like 1

The first half is mildly interesting.

I agree, the other world, and the souls sailing in boats and "sun down" were pretty good concepts. Then the kraken is killed off of-screen, and the final battle is pretty boring as well.

• Like 1

The pinnacle of the entire Pirates trilogy is the three-way sword duel on the rolling wheel in DMC.

One of my favorite scenes in film history, loved reenacting that scene as kid with friends. Edited by Captain Jack Sparrow

The pinnacle of the entire Pirates trilogy is the three-way sword duel on the rolling wheel in DMC.

It was good, but the pinnacle was discovering Captain Jack in that first movie. Great character. Loved it and so did the rest of the audience. 11 years later, I'd love to be able to see that character again for the first time with no prior knowledge of how it would be run into the ground.

• Like 2

It was good, but the pinnacle was discovering Captain Jack in that first movie. Great character. Loved it and so did the rest of the audience. 11 years later, I'd love to be able to see that character again for the first time with no prior knowledge of how it would be run into the ground.

Since there is no such thing as posting this too many times

• Like 3

Thing about the 3 Pirates films is that they are decent swashbuckling fun and that is why they were such mega hits at the WW box office and on home video. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

noooooooo.

It's where they want to go so I figure they shouldn't have half-assed it over two films and instead full-assed it in TASM 1 so they could go full proctology exam in this one.

Perhaps my favorite scene in the whole trilogy is the post-credits bit in DMC. It sent chills down my spine the first time I saw it, it was so cool and surprising.

It remains my favorite post-credits scene in an movie.