CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Wow, if this ends up with no legs and underperforms, I wonder if Sony will pull the plug like other studios did with Blade and Daredevil.  Then if X-Men DOFP tanks, maybe Fox will pull the plug on that, too.  :D

I hope not. I prefer Marvel properties to be spread out across studios.
  • Like 3

Anybody old enough to remember seeing the first two Raimi films on opening day (and the palpable excitement that existed in the theater) must kinda know how lame this feels. These things used to be EVENTS.Yeah, I remember seeing SM3 on opening night but it quite wasn't the same.

I remember when I saw SM3 on opening day. My best friend and dog broke my foot earlier in the day, so I was in pain whenever I moved.Don't ask how they broke my foot.
  • Like 3

I remember seeing SM1 opening night; people were sitting on the stairs because the theater had oversold big time.

And I remember someone shouting "He's gay!" when Peter didn't kiss Mary Jane.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 1

I was 29 when Spider-man opened.   :)

16 here. Line wrapped around the theater lobby. You could feel the crowd buzzing. That will always be the most impressive opening weekend in my book, particularly with 3D and IMAX inflating everything nowadays. 

I remember seeing SM1 opening night; people were sitting on the stairs because the theater had oversold big time.

And I remember someone shouting "He's gay!" when Peter didn't kiss Mary Jane.

I will never forget seeing SM2 on opening day. When MJ goes to see Peter at the end and says, "So here I am standing in your doorway," some dude yelled very loudly, "Fuck her brains out!" :lol:

• Like 1

I was 29 when Spider-man opened.   :)

Spider-Man was the first superhero / comic book movie I ever saw in the theaters.

Such memories. I remember being amazed by it as a child.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Spider Man 1 opening night was ridiculous. I have never to this day seen anything like it in my life. It was complete mayhem at the theater inside and outside. There was nowhere to park and people and cars were everywhere. 

• Like 1

I haven't been to an opening night show in like 10 years.

I stopped when I decided seeing a movie at midnight wasn't worth it, but now that they do these 8pm shows, I kinda dig it. TASM2, Thor 2, IM3. All have been pretty fun without much hassle or too much of a crowd to fight.