Warhorse

Upcoming movies using IMAX cameras.

I know alot of movies will get distributed to IMAX screens, but many of them don't even have a milisecond of footage shot with IMAX cameras, so, does anyone know what movies we can expect this year and upcoming years to be using the famous cameras?

What about James Cameron's Avatar or maybe Nolan's Interstellar?

Star Wars will most likely be shot in IMAX. Superman vs Batman will also most likely be shot in IMAX (it has already been announced to be filmed on film)

no JJ Abrams said he wants to shoot SW7 on film solely 

Doubt Superman vs Batman will be since MOS wasn't

Transformers 4

Interstellar

That's all I know of

TF4 is going to have IMAX footage? Interesting. There wasn't any in TF3 that I remember.

Granted, Bay mostly didn't use the footage well in TF2, so it wasn't a huge loss.

Edited by DamienRoc

Isn't IMAX on film?

It used to be (although the cameras are quite bulky and heavy). IMAX is now developing a digital camera for native 3D. Aside from Nolan's INTERSTELLAR, I don't know of any that're shooting extensively on IMAX 15/70. And sadly, almost all IMAX theaters (even the "true" ones) have converted to digital projection. The only theater in LA that can still project film is the Citywalk IMAX, for example, and even that has dual projectors now.
  • Like 4

It used to be (although the cameras are quite bulky and heavy). IMAX is now developing a digital camera for native 3D. Aside from Nolan's INTERSTELLAR, I don't know of any that're shooting extensively on IMAX 15/70. And sadly, almost all IMAX theaters (even the "true" ones) have converted to digital projection. The only theater in LA that can still project film is the Citywalk IMAX, for example, and even that has dual projectors now.

Oh really? Not even the arclight? In Vancouver most of our IMAX theatres have the ability to project film, but only on digital IMAX screens. And they rarely project 15/70. Last one I can remember that was heavily shown on film was TDKR.

no JJ Abrams said he wants to shoot SW7 on film solely 

Doubt Superman vs Batman will be since MOS wasn't

IMAX is film and Snyder went with a single camera handheld style for MOS which you can't do with IMAX cameras.

Oh really? Not even the arclight?In Vancouver most of our IMAX theatres have the ability to project film, but only on digital IMAX screens. And they rarely project 15/70. Last one I can remember that was heavily shown on film was TDKR.

The Arclight doesn't have any IMAXes. Digital IMAXes, by definition, don't project 15/70. Even CATCHING FIRE, which had over an hour of 15/70 footage, was shown on film in only a handful of IMAXes. Odds are, even if you saw it in an IMAX theater, you watched a digital presentation.

• Like 1