Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

I'm watching King Kong. Why does it take 54 fucking minutes before they even reach the island?! JESUS.

Most of that is generally fine, it's the 90 minute island romp that really needed to get an axe taken to it.

Shitload of unnecessary scenes. I don't get it. Just...wow. I really like King Kong, but that's only when I have the luxury of being able to fast forward. 

And god fucking damn, I rarely poke fun of someone's looks in a mean spirited way...but Adrien Brody's nose looks like a fucking water slide. 

• Like 1

Sony should have just had the continuing adventures of Spidey after SM3. New cast, maybe a new director, and no origin story. Quite a few friends had no interest in ASM(one said when the trailer played "I feel like I just saw this movie!"), and that carried over to ASM2.

A Bond route would be good for many superheroes including Spidey, but they always seem to have to have the origin. Well blame Nolan and his awesomeness :P

I'm watching King Kong. Why does it take 54 fucking minutes before they even reach the island?! JESUS.

Not sure. That section of the movie should really have only lasted 15-20 minutes.

• Like 1

Most of that is generally fine, it's the 90 minute island romp that really needed to get an axe taken to it.

Everything with Kong and Watts, the bugs, and the T-rexes was excellent, but that Bronchia stampede...oy. 

I don't usually disagree with Numbers....

but you're wrong. Sure, lose some of the "romp", but take a battle-axe to that first hour. It ain't worth it and almost none of it pays off in any meaningful way.

• Like 1

Shitload of unnecessary scenes. I don't get it. Just...wow. I really like King Kong, but that's only when I have the luxury of being able to fast forward. 

And god fucking damn, I rarely poke fun of someone's looks in a mean spirited way...but Adrien Brody's nose looks like a fucking water slide. 

The movie is just WAY TOO LONG. There's a good movie somewhere in there though.

• Like 1

I don't usually disagree with Numbers....

but you're wrong. Sure, lose some of the "romp", but take a battle-axe to that first hour. It ain't worth it and almost none of it pays off in any meaningful way.

Other than the dead-end Jamie Bell subplot I didn't have much of an issue with the first act.

I don't remember having much of a problem with the island scenes. I know the first hour is a fucking bloated mess, though. But we'll see. Some shitty camerawork with the hazy zooming in of the skulls. 

king kong is a mastergeniuspiece.

and at least it's one movie.

I betcha PJ is still sitting by the fire, steaming coffee in his hands, unable to sleep at night, constantly repeating to himself "Why the bloody hell did I not split that into at least two movies?!"

Edited by reddevil18
  • Like 1