Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

Now I want to eat a hotdog... It's 1AM.Screw you, guys.

really? the last thing I want right now is a hot dog. If a hot dog walked right through my door right now i'd show him this thread and those pictures and he'd fucking throw up and leave.

• Like 1

The Sonoran-style or Estilo Sonora hot dog, found in Tucson, Metro Phoenix, and in neighboring SonoraMexico, is a hot dog wrapped in mesquite-smoked bacon then cooked on a grill or on a griddle or comal,[1] then topped with beans, grilled onions, fresh onions, tomatoes, mayonnaise, cream sauce, mustard and Jalapeno salsa or sauce and served on bread and often with a side fresh-roasted chili.

Mother of God.

• Like 1

How do you even EAT that thing? I just don't get it.

Potentially NSFW (Not really)

Posted Image

Edited by #ED

really? the last thing I want right now is a hot dog. If a hot dog walked right through my door right now i'd show him this thread and those pictures and he'd fucking throw up and leave.

I'm just really, really hungry.Autocorrect wrote it as: I'm just really, really hard.

Glad I'm not the only one living in a god forsaken town without any fast food stores open after 10PM

Share the pain, bro. 

Though, there are SOME fast food joints one 24/7. Just not particularly good ones. And none that sell pizza. So, what I'm getting at is that, your situation sucks more, I guess. 

Posted Image

• Like 1

The Chicago-style hot dog is a steamed Kosher-style all-beef, natural-casing hot dog topped with yellow mustard, chopped white onions, sliced or wedged fresh tomatoes, a dill pickle spear, sweet pickle relish dyed bright green (often referred to as "piccalilli"), pickled sport peppers and a dash of celery salt, served on a steamed poppy seed bun.[13] Chicago-style dogs never include ketchup

Basically you drop your garden onto a hot dog.

• Like 1

Welcome! :)

In terms of box-office performance (to date)? Sure, it's not a bad analogy. I think that B+R had such bad reviews, though, that people were moderately impressed that it managed to open as big as it did. So it didn't have the stigma of poorly performing (in terms of the opening weekend, at least).

I remember it being a big deal that B&R had a weekend opening of 42 million dollars, way down from BF. The media blamed it on the Julia Roberts flick MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING. And then B&R plummetted the next weekend. WB expected it to make 150 million domestic gross. I'm surprised it broke 100 million it was so poor. I see ASM2 struggling to 200 Million, which would be the 2014 equivalent of the B&R situation. So what's next for Spidey? Sony needs to rethink their strategy.

• Like 2

A traditional Newark Style Dog (also called an Italian Hot Dog) is made by cutting a round "pizza bread" in half (for a double) or into quarters (for a single), cutting a pocket into it and spreading the inside with mustard. A deep-fried dog (or two if it is a double) is put in the pocket, topped with fried (or sautéed) onions and peppers, and then topped off with crisp-fried potato chunks.

So it's a weird Hot Dog Calzone?

The celebrity-named hot dogs are often versions actually ordered by the person in question, such as the "Martha Stewart Dog" with mustardrelishonions, chopped tomatoes, sauerkrautbacon, and sour cream. Another is the "Rosie O'Donnell Long IslandDog", which is a 10" dog topped with mustard, onions, chili and sauerkraut. The "Huell Howser Dog" is a standard chili dog with two of the regular hot dogs on a single bun while the "Ozzy Spicy Dog" named for Ozzy Osbourne features a Polish sausagenacho cheese, American cheese, grilled onions,guacamole and chopped tomatoes.[10]
  • Like 2

I remember it being a big deal that B&R had a weekend opening of 42 million dollars, way down from BF. The media blamed it on the Julia Roberts flick MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING. And then B&R plummetted the next weekend. WB expected it to make 150 million domestic gross. I'm surprised it broke 100 million it was so poor. I see ASM2 struggling to 200 Million, which would be the 2014 equivalent of the B&R situation. So what's next for Spidey? Sony needs to rethink their strategy.

Well, B&R sunk the franchise on ALL possible levels. I mean, sure, it under-performed at the box office, but the biggest problem with it was that it was so awful that it seemed to kill the entire sub-genre. TASM2, for all its faults, is nowhere as bad, so I imagine there is still goodwill left for the character. He'd probably need a break, though, for the audiences to reconnect when he's brought back. Smaller-scale spin-offs would be best suited for Sony right now, so as to keep the rights, I think...

• Like 1

In São Paulo state, some hot dogs consist of a non-heated bun cut in two (across its short section, forming two semi-circular halves) and each half is partially emptied to form a pocket which is filled with a weiner-type sausage, chopped tomatoes, vinaigrette, sweet corn, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, fried shoestring potatoes, and topped with mashed potatoes

Even Brazil gets in on the weird combos

In Chile, there is a popular variation called completo (Spanish for "complete", "total") which, besides bread and sausages, can be made up of mashed avocado, chopped tomatoes, mayonnaise, sauerkraut, a variation of the sauce américaine, Chilean chili, green sauce and cheese. Its size can be twice of an American hot dog.

Chile knows the meaning of #ED Double-Stuffed

• Founder / Operator

Well, B&R sunk the franchise on ALL possible levels. I mean, sure, it under-performed at the box office, but the biggest problem with it was that it was so awful that it seemed to kill the entire sub-genre. TASM2, for all its faults, is nowhere as bad, so I imagine there is still goodwill left for the character. He'd probably need a break, though, for the audiences to reconnect when he's brought back. Smaller-scale spin-offs would be best suited for Sony right now, so as to keep the rights, I think...

I agree. TASM2 has some brief B&R moments, but it's not B&R top-to-bottom. Also agreed that Spider-Man can still connect with audiences. Unlike Batman in the mid-90s, there's still an emotional core to that character that people find appealing.

And I dare say, even if Maguire is still the Michael Keaton of the franchise, Garfield has proven he can inhabit the character very well.

Edited by ShawnMR

God, I'd kill for some awesome seafood pizza like the ones I ate in Siem Reap. 9 bucks for a pie so big I would struggle to eat more than 3/4 of it. All with fresh ingredients.