A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

With those incredible reviews and being a favorite for the  Best Supporting Actor awards, RDJ's asking price for playing Stark again just went up.

He might not want to anyway; he might want people t ostop thinking of him as Tony Stark Only.

18 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

How desperate is Disney gonna get now that the MCU is falling lol

It’s failing with Guardians as one of the biggest box office receipts of the year? I wish I could fail as much as the MCU does. I bet that every other studio too.

38 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

How desperate is Disney gonna get now that the MCU is falling lol

I mean they did exactly this with Andor.

Are we just going to back to "the MCU is failing" line every other release, because we've been doing that for basically every release 2022. 

Edited by SpiderByte

Just now, SpiderByte said:

I mean they did exactly this with Andor.

Are we just going to back to "the MCU is failing" line every other release, because we've been doing that for basically every release 2022. 

It’s trolling at this point. But I guess it’s only called trolling when people genuinely compare other franchises with common and intersectional interests like you know, the best conversations here on BOT usually start. When it’s against Disney and most of all against Marvel, it’s fair. Hard to fight silly flame wars shit when it’s almost endorsed by the higher ups here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

Huh 

NOt really surprised. Viewership has been low . Only Ms marvel was worse.

Loki will be big though.

Budgets for this shows have been ridiculous at points 

212m for this is just ridiculous. Barely any CGI or action sequences and the final  result is so bland visually. Episode are just over 30m long without credits. 

Where did that money go.

225m for she hulk was a little too much too.

HOD cost 125-200m and oh boy the visuals and the CGI on the dragons and sets look incredible. 

Edited by Liiviig 1998

Just now, Liiviig 1998 said:

Loki will be big though.

212m for this is just ridiculous. Barely any CGI or action sequences and the final  result is so bland visually. Episode are just over 30m long without credits. 

Where did that money go.

HOD cost 125-200m and oh boy the visuals and the CGI on the dragons and sets look incredible. 

I think that if we look at this from a not trollish standpoint, we might see why moves like this makes sense and we are likely going to start to see it happening more often:

Disney+ gets people that will stay around for the Marvel, Star Wars, Disney Classics and soon Fox wallgarden. They watch it as soon as they drop, but Disney is also in the business of TV, unlike Netflix. 

I don’t even think this is that not normal, if anything they took too long for swings like that. HBO was a cable channel before it was a streaming service turned into Max, and that premiered their shows too. I don’t even think it’s a simple cynical move related to the WGA/SAG-AFTRA strike either, I think that having these shows on Hulu help to find a new audience, and raising their brands appeal is what these franchises aim to do.

I mean, no one is shitting on HBO Max for debuting My Adventures of Superman on Adult Swim and then releasing it on Max days later. It makes sense, I just selfishly wished it was the other way around: first Max and then Adult Swim, but I can live with the delay.

• Like 2

I dug in the past 10 pages and didn't find the tweet again so --

If they're putting Ms Marvel on ABC for a time, or anything, what do they hope for when ABC isn't showing on  quite a few cable packages because of the deal, or lack thereof, with NextStar?

4 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I dug in the past 10 pages and didn't find the tweet again so --

If they're putting Ms Marvel on ABC for a time, or anything, what do they hope for when ABC isn't showing on  quite a few cable packages because of the deal, or lack thereof, with NextStar?

I expect this to happen in different countries as well, not sure if I get the question though, isn’t ABC’s presence in the US rather massive?

Edited by ZattMurdock

18 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Loki will be big though.

Where did that money go.

Are those MCU budget numbers for real!?

Holy Guacamole!

19 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I expect this to happen in different countries as well, not sure if I get the question though, isn’t ABC’s presence in the US rather massive?

So we have DirectTV, and there's a station black out, so ABC doesn't play and hasn't for the past 2 weeks or so.  It's just a splash screen. It's really annoying, and it's a chunk of the market that won't possibly tune in.

If NextStar does deals with more than just DirecTV (I can't tell if they do), then other cable providers won't be able to view ABC either, so I guess my question is -- What does Disney expect? Do they think people will go "Oh, people ware watching it, so we can recycle our content to ABC and keep holding out against writers/actors?"

Edited by Morieris

12 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Rings of power budget was $715m

Yeah, that's in its own class and perhaps one of the biggest financial failures in television. Or depends when they decide to cut there loses or if they double down on their loses.

55 minutes ago, Morieris said:

So we have DirectTV, and there's a station black out, so ABC doesn't play and hasn't for the past 2 weeks or so.  It's just a splash screen. It's really annoying, and it's a chunk of the market that won't possibly tune in.

If NextStar does deals with more than just DirecTV (I can't tell if they do), then other cable providers won't be able to view ABC either, so I guess my question is -- What does Disney expect? Do they think people will go "Oh, people ware watching it, so we can recycle our content to ABC and keep holding out against writers/actors?"

Oh, I don’t live in the US but I always imagined that it was fairly easy to get access to stuff like ABC and Hulu in the US. I don’t feel like I’m well equipped to answer this lol. 

• Like 1

Okay I just watched this lovely interview with the old and the new head writer for Marvel Studios X-Men ‘97 and I cannot tell you how important and formative X-Men TAS along the comics were to me growing up. Listening to Beau DeMayo and the old crew talking made me crave for an X-Men TAS, something I haven’t done in like almost twenty years. Also, DeMayo completely gets it, from what he is saying on this interview. Cannot wait for this thing to get a release date.