baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Yeah, I caught a late show last night. Quite entertaining but also disappointing to me. Good direction and visual, average scripts and acting. Give me no reasons to care about the main characters. I would say B-How about you?

Same thing. I was highly upset I didn't wait on the popcorn line to see every minute of the movie(+Interstellar trailer). I could have stood on line, gone to dinner with dessert, come back to use the restroom, and then sit in my seat and not miss a single important thing.The ending was AMAZING though. I loved it.
  • Like 5

That's where I am with it sort of. I thought the script was below average.

Yeah, and what it needs most improvement on is writing more compelling characters. Speaking about watching movies though, I still haven't seen TASM2 yet :ph34r:I think I'll do a double-featured of Spidey/X-Men next week. Feels like catching Cap again too.
  • Like 1

Seems to be happening quite a bit recently...perhaps with Thursday night previews being counted towards Friday total, its causing inflated opening days (shooting expectations up) before it simmers down on Saturday/Sunday...

Actually opposite as it deflates OD. It happened with Thor 2, CF and few others. These movies are getting much better Saturday jumps minus the previews clearly showing that pre/mids are deflating OD. 

Yeah, and what it needs most improvement on is writing more compelling characters. Speaking about watching movies though, I still haven't seen TASM2 yet :ph34r:I think I'll do a double-featured of Spidey/X-Men next week. Feels like catching Cap again too.

I'm doing a double feature with friends on Friday(Godzilla + DOFP). Godzilla is first so I won't mind showing up late.BTW, the only good stuff in the beggining of the movie was Bryan Cranston(till even he went bad).
  • Like 1

Actually opposite as it deflates OD. It happened with Thor 2, CF and few others. These movies are getting much better Saturday jumps minus the previews clearly showing that pre/mids are deflating OD. 

that is if you caclculate sat jumps from the non-preview friday.  

but the previews are included in the OD, so it gets inflated.  

but yeah, the "real" OD gets deflated..though no one counts previews seperately anymore.

Edited by a2k

that is if you caclculate sat jumps from the non-preview friday.

but the previews are included in the OD, so it gets inflated.

but yeah, the "real" OD gets deflated..though no one counts previews seperately anymore.

And that's what I meant. People were hyperventilating on CF's OD but by Saturday everything was normal. 

• Like 1

Sunday drop will be lower than usual thanks to Canadian Holiday.

23.3 -25%

92.8M, beats Spidey, but Cap is safe!

Amazingly Cap continues to be OW champ of 2014 and if DOFP doesn't beat it, I can see it holding the fort for the entire summer. It would be an amazing accomplishment.  :D

Edited by druv10

Yeah, and what it needs most improvement on is writing more compelling characters.Speaking about watching movies though, I still haven't seen TASM2 yet :ph34r:I think I'll do a double-featured of Spidey/X-Men next week. Feels like catching Cap again too.

I so agree. I like Sally Hawkins and really wish she had a better part. 

I can't wait to see X men.

I may do a double with X/Cap. 

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2