baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Well Kong didnt have Xmen 2014 and Spidey to deal with..Still I think Godzilla can make to 300M .. We will see.

As for WW... KK is done like dinner.The gap could be epic!!

Really? I don't think it's guaranteed that Godzilla beats KK WW. And even if it does, I doubt it'll be an "epic gap". If it does so, it will be almost entirely from earning more than the $22m KK got in China + Russia.

• Like 1

Really? I don't think it's guaranteed that Godzilla beats KK WW. And even if it does, I doubt it'll be an "epic gap". If it does so, it will be almost entirely from earning more than the $22m KK got in China + Russia.

wow..did not know that. very surprising.

I don't think it's guaranteed that Godzilla hits 90m, either. Spidey barely got to that mark, and it had smaller previews.

Heard the same thing with SM guranteed to beat Cap 2.... I think the people are  showing what they want to see and if folks going back and forth to see this paying 10-20.00 a ticket is any indication, 100+M  could be coming.

All things are possible, but nope not a lock until we see those Friday- Sat numbers. I think they will be enormous

Prime is also considered an AMerican Icon, but his creations didnt stem here either  for that matter.

The characterization of Optimus Prime is indeed an American one.

The mold, the toy, was created in Japan yes, but it was just a toy on a shelf with no identity. 

Marvel Comics came along and under Jim Shooter w/Dennis O'Neil & Bob Budiansky in conjunction with Sunbow(creators of the cartoon) gave Character, Identity and Individualism to a simple flat nosed Freightliner FL86 thus was born Optimus Prime. 

They also did the other original TF's.

Prime is as American an icon as they come. 

• Like 3

just those art house pushovers - narnia and potter

Well folks choose what they want more.. Show me the stats. I dont rem KK being in no direct competition with Potter or Narnia. All of them sheduled their releases carefully.. The reception for the corny 3rd act just didnt register with movie fans A2

The mold, the toy, was created in Japan yes, but it was just a toy on a shelf with no identity. 

Marvel Comics came along and under Jim Shooter w/Dennis O'Neil & Bob Budiansky in conjunction with Sunbow(creators of the cartoon) gave Character, Identity and Individualism to a simple flat nosed Freightliner FL86 thus was born Optimus Prime. 

Preach My Captain C.... Amen :)...  If goku had been around since the 60s I think he would have been americana too> I love Goku almost as much as Superman.

• Like 1

Really hoping that 60% drop for ASM2 isn't right or else 200 is going to be an uphill battle.  Was hoping for a 48% drop :/.

All signs pointed to at minimum a 50% drop for TASM2. 

Have you been following along this whole time and still were hoping against logic for a 48% drop?!

Fascinating. 

All signs pointed to at minimum a 50% drop for TASM2. 

Have you been following along this whole time and still were hoping against logic for a 48% drop?!

Fascinating. 

If all signs pointed to a potential 50% and i wanted 48% that 2% is hope.

• Like 1

Lol Japan, China, Austraila, UK , and more will see to that Damien...I see Godzilla earning at least 200-300More and on the highend of the spectrum doubling Kong WW. And they didnt spend 350+M on Godzilla either lol

So anyone up for a Transformers Vs. Godzilla movie set in Tokyo?

• Like 3

It would be a good idea for any competing film company to either cancel any film coming out in 2016 or move them to 2017...I wouldn't want to go up against Juggernaut.

BKB and others here still doubt  James Cameron to their peril...You and I dont need to be clairvoyant to know James Cameron is going to be in the number 1, 2 , 3 all time likely domestic and almost a lock WW..lol

NYC is currently having its worst rain of the year. Flood alerts everywhere.

My girlfriend got a flash flood warming text at 9:30 on the dot. It's really pouring. A cozy indoor night at home, bong in hand. Enjoying the work, everybody!
  • Like 1

So anyone up for a Transformers Vs. Godzilla movie set in Tokyo?

The Nerds would jump through windows, the fanboys would turn over the statue of liberty, the great wall  of CHina...

The Box office, well in a world....It would Explodeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! ;)

• Like 1

My girlfriend got a flash flood warming text at 9:30 on the dot. It's really pouring. A cozy indoor night at home, bong in hand. Enjoying the work, everybody!

Yeah upstate here it aint friggin stoppin is Godzilla coming to NY shores???? LOL AAAAAH!!  I hope your girl is okay though on a serious note Rich. Call and keep checking up on her my friend. :(

BKB and others here still doubt  James Cameron to their peril...You and I dont need to be clairvoyant to know James Cameron is going to be in the number 1, 2 , 3 all time likely domestic and almost a lock WW..lol

If anything it should be the other way, almost lock DOM and maybe WW. Without re-release, Titanic would no longer be #2 DOM