baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

JP and TLW are great films so it's awful that JW's going to revive a dead franchise just to do an even shittier job then what JP3 did.

You can't say it is shitty until it comes out and you watch it. Just give it a chance. Edited by Empire

Were those sequels? Or directed by one of the worst indie directors? Or written by a terrible screen-writer?

lol I can promise you that Safety Not Guaranteed is not even close to the worst indie, not even close to the worst of its year. Just standard hipstery fare, really

• Like 1

Safety Not Guaranteed is a great little film.

It's so painfully average it hurts. Doesn't help that if the script wasn't filled with plot holes and dropped character arcs that it'd be somewhat good.

Based on early buzz, I hear APOCALYPSE NOW might be the worst movie ever made, followed closely by TITANIC.

Speaking of Apocalypse Now, I'm watching this documentary on John Milius, interesting guy
  • Like 1

Based on early buzz, I hear APOCALYPSE NOW might be the worst movie ever made, followed closely by TITANIC.

Don't forget about JAWS.

They didn't have a working shark, a completed script, it went over budget, they hated the director, they had a lead actor wanted for tax evasion and another who publicly badmouthed the picture a week before its release.

JAWS is one of the worst films of all time.

• Like 5

Yeah because these are all totally sequels being made in a relatively money-hungry Hollywood. 

Wait.  Hollywood makes movies to make money?  

Posted Image

• Like 2

Were those sequels? Or directed by one of the worst indie directors? Or written by a terrible screen-writer?

1. What does being a sequel have to do with anything?

2. SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED is a great little movie.

3. Not sure which of the screenwriters you consider so terrible...

• Like 5

1. What does being a sequel have to do with anything?

2. SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED is a great little movie.

3. Not sure which of the screenwriters you consider so terrible...

1. Sequels are rarely as good as the original especially when it's a FOURTH film in a franchise.

2. SNG is utterly average because of a terrible script. If the actors weren't as good as they are it'd be a terrible film

3. David Connolly who was basically the main problem of SNG.

Yeah, if only there weren't so many franchises. Like Godzilla  :ph34r:

There's nothing wrong with franchises, but comparing the Hollywood of today to when JAWS was made is just not a good comparison.

Wait Mulder did you not like Rise of the Planet of the Apes? (Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver wrote it also, and I believe they changed up the script for Jurassic World that was bad, so I have high hopes again, although not sure about the director.

There were more passion projects before the 90s and 2000s because there weren't as many franchises. 

I'm watching a pretty bad horror movie right now so I don't have time to look it up but I'd be willing to be that you are wrong about this.