baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Friday's numbers say otherwise Rallax.. Nothing to be desperate about other than there are a few movie premadonna's on this site that feel all movies have to cover all bases, acting, script, characterization which is fine in movies that require this, but not in a movie about monsters beating the piss out of one another...

What do Friday's numbers have to do with any of what I said? Edited by rallax
  • Like 1

Friday's numbers say otherwise Rallax.. Nothing to be desperate about other than there are a few movie premadonna's on this site that feel all movies have to cover all bases, acting, script, characterization which is fine in movies that require this, but not in a movie about monsters beating the piss out of one another...

Saw it twice....I Would hacve loved a longer ending , but the movie despite some flaws is perfection in presenting a cinemactic tour deforce and just  one hell of  an introduction to the worlds most loved Monster Ant-Hero.... God Damn went back and saw it again so thats 11(matinee)  and in a regular 3D theater for 12.00.. (Damn EPX puts regular 3D to shame. Folks see this in only in IMAx or RPX Digital 3D digital 2D) Loved it the parachuting part in digital 3D and some of the scenery alone would rank this one up there with the great ones like LOTR for Cinematography and that cool flashback..OMG!!!!

• Like 1

Saw it twice....I Would hacve loved a longer ending , but the movie despite some flaws is perfection in presenting a cinemactic tour deforce and just one @#!*% of an introduction to the worlds most loved Monster Ant-Hero.... God @#!*% went back and saw it again so thats 11(matinee) and in a regular 3D theater for 12.00.. ( @#!*% EPX puts regular 3D to shame. Folks see this in only in IMAx or RPX Digital 3D digital 2D) Loved it the parachuting part in digital 3D and some of the scenery alone would rank this one up there with the great ones like LOTR for Cinematography and that cool flashback..OMG!!!!

Kal, we won, and we will win again when Transformers 4 passes a billion. :)

Girls are always let's, better get used to that. Oh and don't you dare be late even once.

Bishop this may make our 300+M hopes... A whole lot of people went back and got tickets right along with me...Holy moly!!

And guess what the 38-44M Friday  become reality!! 38M dollar Day...Godzilla heading for 100+Mil

• Like 3

Meh, she tweeted "Guess who has a date with BLANKMENTSREALNAME? *raises hand smilie* so I feel confident for once

Aw, look at you being so excited. Welcome to the world of dating. It's both a wonderful and dreadful one.But have fun and enjoy.
  • Like 5

Kal, we won, and we will win again when Transformers 4 passes a billion. :)

Yes sir  I think we will hold strong against XMen and OS..... OH MY 550-750+M OS is in cards now--I feel even those kids talking about godzilla is fat will show up.... Captain tell me you didnt love even the flashback scenes in 3D  with the miltary and 1954 sequence. .MWHAAHHH....

• Like 3

So I would guess you loved Pacific Rim as well? After all if acting, script, and characterizations take a back seat you'd have nothing to complain about!
  • Like 1

Yes sir I think we will hold strong against XMen and OS..... OH MY 550-750+M OS is in cards now--I feel even those kids talking about godzilla is fat will show up.... Captain tell me you didnt love even the flashback scenes in 3D with the miltary and 1954 sequence. .MWHAAHHH....

Kal, I loved the entire movie, and I am happy Godzilla is still the king. :)
  • Like 2

So? The movie has to stand on it's own(very large) two feet.You can do the comparison game all day, but comparing anything to a piece of shit doesn't make it look better, it makes you look desperate.

BKB is right Godzilla is better than all the monster films you could name except Jurassic park and in some scenes I felt awe as much as JP was... Its not quite the masterpiece  JP was, but shoot it can be put in the same sentence.

And for a new director doing such a great job with movie 1 and making Godzilla stand out..... Its a job well done despite its flaws. Like BKB, Captain Sparrow, Bishop and everyone else. states Count on Gareth getting even better at presenting Godzilla with movie 2..

Loved it A- 8.5-9 out of 10

• Like 1