grey ghost

Celebrity Net Worth Thread

Top 10 according to wealth-x.

Jerry Seinfeld is the wealthiest actor in the world with an estimated net worth of $820 million USD.

This is according to Wealth-X, a firm that describes itself as the de facto source for information on the richest people on earth. Seinfeld's status at the top of the list is in part due to the $400 million he made with his fifth syndication deal for his hit TV show from the 1990s, Seinfeld. Tom CruiseTyler PerryJohnny Depp, and Jack Nicholson are also on the list.

Coming in at second place is Bollywood movie star Shah Rukh Khan, who Wealth-X says is worth an estimated $600 million. Khan is known as "The King of Bollywood," appearing in over 50 films. The rest of the list is below (with estimated net worth in US dollars):

[*]1) Jerry Seinfeld — $820 million [*]2) Shah Rukh Khan — $600 million [*]3) Tom Cruise — $480 million [*]4) Tyler Perry — $450 million [*]5) Johnny Depp — $450 million [*]6) Jack Nicholson — $400 million [*]7) Tom Hanks — $390 million [*]8) Bill Cosby — $380 million [*]9) Clint Eastwood — $370 million [*]10) Adam Sandler — $340 million

We hear about athletes like Michael Jordan who derive much of their wealth from endorsements and businesses outside of what made them famous. 

What celebrities have gained a ton of wealth from non-Hollywood businesses and investments??   (car dealerships, wineries, stock, anything..)

• Like 1

I've just discovered net worth of some celebrities at celebtopnetworth.com. Some of them really impressed me as I would never think that certain people can earn so much money. Here is the list of the most interesting celebs net worth:

Robert Downey Jr. - $140 million

Sharon Stone - $55 million

Mark Wahlberg - $200 million

Kevin Spacey - $80 million

Brad Pitt - $250 million

Source: www.celebritynetworth.com

Randomly chosen

Lindsay Lohan - $500,000

Jennifer Lawrence - $40,000,000 

Stan Lee - $50,000,000

Emma Watson - $60,000,000

Matt Damon - $75,000,000

John Williams - $100,000,000

Dwayne Johnson - $125,000,000

Mitt Romney - $250,000,000

Arnold Schwarzenegger - $300,000,000

Tom Cruise - $450,000,000

James Cameron - $700,000,000

Jerry Bruckheimer - $850,000,000

Steven Spielberg - $3,500,000,000

George Lucas - $5,100,000,000

Bill Gates - $86,000,000,000 (for perspective)

We hear about athletes like Michael Jordan who derive much of their wealth from endorsements and businesses outside of what made them famous. 

What celebrities have gained a ton of wealth from non-Hollywood businesses and investments??   (car dealerships, wineries, stock, anything..)

Coppola's winery/food business generates half a billion in revenues annually. The source is a few years old - http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2007/12/coppola200712 

• Like 1

Also, Schwarzenegger is a huuuuuuuge business man. He s involved in so many things, real estate and such.

You know that he was a millionnaire before going into movies ?

Johnny Depp is in the Amber Heard high maintenance business, doesn t pull much profit.

And George Lucas became the Empire by selling toys.

• Like 2

Lucas got the merchandise rights because Fox didn't think they would be worth anything so let him have them. Bet they were kicking themselves after that. 

Lucas looooves to tell that story with a grin.

They said " yes, we ll let you the merchandising rights for your child movie whatever".

• Like 1

Seth MacFarlane also makes a lot of money from Family Guy merchandising. It was mentioned that the merchandising has generated over a billion in revenues and MacFarlane gets a big chunk of it.

I heard the Simpsons creator is doing ok as well.

Trey Parker and Matt stone are also uber wealthy.

I had no idea Spielberg and Lucas were in the billions. I mean I totally understand. But billions is a large number.

The next one on the billion dollar club from the entertainment industry besides big corporate CEOs :

Cameron if Avatar sequels do good.

Bay, he has a toy contract with Hasbro, he is a mini Lucas basically.

Bruckheimer maybe.

Peter Jackson is also filthy rich, Nolan s doing great also.

Basically, directors who have done giant blockbusters become very rich.

Edited by The Futurist

I heard the Simpsons creator is doing ok as well.

Trey Parker and Matt stone are also uber wealthy.

South Park is still running and while not as popular as it was in its prime, the royalties are still rolling in. They also have The Book of Mormon which is minting money