Punishment

Wednesday Numbers Zilla 4.96m

Not really. It's was pretty expected. Most movies drop on wednesdays before Memorial Wknd because of inflated Mondays and Tuesdays.........

Its expected? Wasn't it you who said it would drop 15% yesterday?
  • Like 1

Normal drop for Godzilla. 4.5M Thursday as DOFP previews will hit it late. 38-39M/49-50M 3/4 day weekend, Godzilla should be able to finish around 230M+ and add in OS 600M is locked with a shot at 650M. Overall a great result for Legendary and WB. 

• Like 1

A family movie with masturbation jokes?

And? The whole move is not masturbation jokes. It's about what its title says. A man with kids and and a woman with kids blending together in some fashion even if it's all contrived.

Edited by ECSTASY

Normal drop for Godzilla. 4.5M Thursday as DOFP previews will hit it late. 38-39M/49-50M 3/4 day weekend, Godzilla should be able to finish around 230M+ and add in OS 600M is locked with a shot at 650M. Overall a great result for Legendary and WB. 

I think it will be out of harms way since those previews don't start until 10pm

More like 120-130% Friday jump. Maybe even more if Blended flops with families.

Good luck with that. And why is Godzilla anymore of a family film that X-men?
  • Like 1

We have 8pm previews here.

Better than Cap 2's first Wednesday but it's still not great.

Not when you compare holds to OD. Cap 2 was at 13% while Godzilla's hold is 12.9%. Cap 2 is more family friendly, which means regular weekdays will be more depressed. No way Godzilla increases 159% or even 130% on Friday, more like 100% like Star Trek II last year.

• Like 1

Where do you live? Every theater near me opens in the morning. Godzilla starts as early as 9:30am and most others at 10-11am.

Earliest movies start around 11am during the week around me (Michigan).

• Like 1

You may be right. I'm not sure what FOX was thinking. I much prefer 7 or 8 PM previews with 10 PM I probably won't get home until 1:30 or 2:00. Early previews have spoiled me. Hopefully GOTG and TA:AoU have 8 PM previews. 

• Like 1

Not when you compare holds to OD. Cap 2 was at 13% while Godzilla's hold is 12.9%. Cap 2 is more family friendly, which means regular weekdays will be more depressed. No way Godzilla increases 159% or even 130% on Friday, more like 100% like Star Trek II last year.

It's performing better than Star Trek II with families, children and women. Godzilla will increase much more.

All U.S. theaters have DOFP at 10PM only...

I won't be surprised if it doesn't top 8M...

E, you going tonight?

Edited by #ED

You may be right. I'm not sure what FOX was thinking. I much prefer 7 or 8 PM previews with 10 PM I probably won't get home until 1:30 or 2:00. Early previews have spoiled me. Hopefully GOTG and TA:AoU have 8 PM previews. 

Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Cap 2 previews started at 8pm.